Campaign for Better Transport's Chief Executive Stephen Joseph will speak at RAIL’s National Rail Conference at the Midland Hotel in Manchester on November 1.
Their Right Track North campaign and Charter
- better quality: better trains and stations, better customer service
- value for money: simple, zonal fares, commitment to best value fares, season tickets/ carnets for part-time workers
- higher capacity with less overcrowding, faster and more reliable services, higher frequencies
- better connections: door to door journeys, access to stations, missing links/ services, access to HS2
Many of these are due to be delivered through the new franchises, but we need to see real progress.
Sponsored by Alstom and co-sponsors Systra and Morson International, The North: Leading the Way conference will feature speakers from across the industry to deliver key insight into the future of the railway in the North.
Also speaking at the National Rail Conference are:
- Sir Richard Leese, Leader, Manchester City Council
- Henrik Anderberg, HS2 Director and MD Regional, Intercity & Services, Alstom Transport
- Tim O'Neill, Chief Executive Officer, Systra
- Alex Hynes, Managing Director, Arriva Rail North
And many more… To read the full list, visit here
BOOK NOW to secure your place at this significant event for rail in the North.