Steve Montgomery is to remain as Managing Director at ScotRail when Abellio takes over the franchise from April 1. The retention of Montgomery, who has led the company under the tenure of FirstGroup, is to avoid “distracting everyone too much from the important ‘business as usual’ of delivering ScotRail services for customers” according to Abellio Managing Director Dominic Booth.
Booth added that “strong continuity combined with a fresh perspective and some new faces” were needed to ensure a successful start to the new franchise.
- Jonathan Crick has been appointed Interim Commercial Director pending a permanent appointment;
- Steve Enright will fill the role of Sustainability and Safety Assurance Director, pending the appointment of a permanent post holder. Enright is also Abellio Group Head of Safety, Environment and Security;
- Matt Watson, formerly HR Director at Southern, will fill the role of Business Transformation Director, initially on an interim basis;
- and Ian McConnell will move from the role of Abellio Mobilisation Director to that of Transition Director in order to implement Abellio ScotRail franchise commitments.
- For more on this story, read RAIL 771, published on April 1.