Trainee Rail Track Operative
£9.25 - £12.95 per hour
Are you looking for a career in the UK Rail Industry?
If so, our client will help you gain the skills and industry training you need for this challenging role.
Trainee Rail Track Operatives are NEEDED NOW to assist with growing workloads.
This is a manual job, therefore you must be physically fit and able to pass a medical.
The purpose of the role:
Due to the current Covid - 19 guidelines, you will be learning remotely from our expert team. This will cover daily rail track maintenance operations, such as, sleeper changes, rail changes, assisting maintenance schedules, stressing, and track Inspections. You must also have access to a computer as current face to face interviews cannot be carried out.
We are looking for candidates who are:
* Reliable and punctual at all times and willing to learn
* Good communicator and have the ability to follow instructions
* A good awareness of safety
* Can work effectively as part of a team or as an individual
* Can work under pressure and meet deadlines
* Practically minded
* Real-life work experience within the Rail Infrastructure
* Relevant Industry Training such as, Personal Track Safety (PTS), Track Induction (TIC), Industry Common Induction (ICI)
* OLEC 1
* Powered Plant Competencies (Rail Saw, Impact Wrench, Generator etc.)
* Industry Drugs and Alcohol screening
* Industry Medical
* Emergency First Aid at work
Upskill Opportunities in the Railway Industry:
* Controller of site safety (COSS)
* Engineering Supervisor (ES)
* Crane Controller (CC)
* Machine Controller (MC)
* Stressing Engineer
* Handback Engineer
Interested in hearing more? Please send your details by return and we will contact you directly
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.