As Telecoms Maintenance Rail Engineer for Translink, you will assist in the delivery of an effective telecoms strategy. This strategy will ensure a safe, reliable and cost-effective system controlling signalling equipment for the safe passage of trains.
Translink is Northern Ireland main Rail provider with a strategy to maintain and grow passenger and network capacity, with plans to introduce higher-speed service, track upgrades, station refurbs and new builds, refurbishment of trains and upgrade ticketing systems.
*Please note that detailed application forms must be submitted before Friday 02nd Aug so early application is advisable*
As Telecoms Maintenance Rail Engineer your new role will include but not be limited to the following:
* Assist the Telecoms Maintenance Manager in carrying out planning of maintenance and projects.
* Carry out root cause analysis on faults to enable improvements in Telecoms reliability.
* Ensure equipment testing and faulting are carried out to TMTH and planned maintenance uses an TMS process.
* Ensure staff are competent and assist Assessor / Training in deciding on the appropriate training courses and obtaining IRSE licences for telecoms staff.
* Carry out independent investigations for accidents/incidents that occur, that bring into question any of the telecoms systems.
* Give technical support to Telecoms teams on any implications when new or updated standards are introduced.
* Ensure that the procedure for changes to equipment software is followed and maintain software databases.
* Carry out condition survey work and ensure drawing records are kept up to date to reflect any modifications, changes or alterations.
* Carry out regular audits of telecom installations and equipment and complete reports.
* Deliver training on specific telecoms equipment, assist in fault finding, and monitor staff in fault finding techniques.
To be considered for this role you will have:
* Experience of Safety, Health & Environment.
* Experience of planning work schedules to ensure efficient use of resources.
* Minimum of a HNC or equivalent qualification in Telecommunications with a minimum of 2 years' experience in a supervisory or management role in the maintenance of Railway Telecom Systems, or alternatively, possess a minimum of an ONC or equivalent qualification in Telecommunications with a minimum of 4 years' experience in a supervisory or management role in the maintenance of Railway Telecom Systems.
* Experience in the efficient application of maintenance procedures, processes and standards to ensure the safe reliable operation of telecom equipment.
* Experience of organising, implementing and reviewing the performance of staff.
* Experience of investigating telecom failures and analysing data to initiate repairs.
It would be Desirable if candidates had the following:
* ILM Level 3 qualification
(A full job specification and application form can be provided upon application)
If you feel this "Telecoms Maintenance Rail Engineer"role is something you may be interested in please contact Damien or Anne in Belfast on (phone number removed) for further information.
If you would like to be considered, please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.