Technical Inspector – Rail / Rolling Stock
Take the next step in your career as an apprentice trained, dual skilled Fitter / Electrician with this fantastic opportunity to become a Technical Inspector with Arriva TrainCare. You’ll provide technical engineering support on both diesel and electric traction and receive an attractive benefits package, including a salary of £39,028.
PLEASE NOTE: By clicking apply on this site, you will automatically be redirected to the Deutsche Bahn Group / Arriva TrainCare website, where you will be required to complete an online application form.
Who will I be working with?
Arriva TrainCare (ATC) is an independent rolling stock maintenance and refurbishment business based in Crewe, with depots across 5 locations in the UK. The successful, rapidly evolving organisation, is going through a massive transformation at real pace, with a strong order book for 2018 and beyond. ATC is part of Arriva, which is part of the Deutsche Bahn group, one of the largest transport services organisations in Europe, employing over 55,900 people and delivering more than 1.5 billion passenger journeys across 15 European countries every year.
You’ll be part of a professional team with these core behaviours at heart;
* One Arriva - We work as one team, ‘together we are Arriva’;
* Great customer experience - We keep our customers happy every day;
* Doing the right thing - We look after our customers, colleagues and the environment, and always put safety first;
* Thinking beyond - We are curious and inspired to think beyond today for an even bigger and better Arriva tomorrow.
What will this role of Technical Inspector entail?
You will be responsible for all technical engineering support, striving to achieve the highest possible performance and reliability, with duties to include but not be limited to:
* Conducting inspections, fault diagnosis and solution development to technical and tooling issues
* Providing technical support in the form of written technical advice such as briefs, drawings, higher-level fault-finding and repeat defect investigations
* Ensuring that safety procedures and documents are adhered to at all times
* Coaching and mentoring team members, helping to develop the technical ability of Technicians
What will I need to be considered for this Technical Inspector role?
* Apprentice trained, dual skilled Fitter / Electrician, qualified to NVQ level 3 in Engineering (or equivalent) ideally with Rail Traction & Rolling Stock
* Good working knowledge of rail vehicle light maintenance, with proven experience of working with both diesel and electric traction
* Ability to interpret engineering drawings and provide technical solutions to problems
* Good understanding of engineering, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
* Knowledge of health, safety and environmental standards and requirements (including ISO 9001 and 14001)
* IT literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Word and Excel) and depot IT systems
What will I receive in return?
Salary: £39,028 per annum
Attractive Benefits: 26 days annual leave including bank holidays, pension, healthcare cover, Arriva Travel Pass, Cycle to Work scheme and Arriva Village retailer discount scheme.
Working Hours: Average of 40.5 hours per week, working 6am to 6pm on a 4 on and 4 off shift roster
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Crewe (Cheshire)
Arriva is committed to diversity, if you’re good and meet the essential criteria outlined above, you’re welcome. Please include a cover letter upon submitting your CV.
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
This Technical Inspector vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Arriva TrainCare. Please note that JVP is an advertising company NOT a recruitment agency, therefore all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Arriva TrainCare, and should they wish to progress your application further, they will be in contact with you
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.