Our track record in transport dates back to the Melbourne underground rail loop in the 1980’s. We are now involved in iconic projects such as Melbourne Metro Rail Tunnel and other Victorian rail projects.
Mott MacDonald is a dynamic and innovative management, engineering and development consultancy working on landmark projects worldwide. Wholly independent and employee owned, we have staff worldwide working in sectors including transport, energy, buildings, water, environment and advisory. Our business is truly global and offers exciting project opportunities within Australia and New Zealand, as well as within a range of offices and project sites across the globe.
Mott MacDonald is world-leader in rail infrastructure design and through this global expertise is involved in the delivery of major rail infrastructure projects across Australia and New Zealand.
Our Melbourne office is now seeking an experienced Rail Sector Lead to build and lead the Rail Team in Victoria and work collaboratively with other equivalent roles across ANZ business to help develop and enhance Mott MacDonald’s brand in the rail sector. The successful applicant will be technically strong and capable of providing direct technical leadership of complex multi-disciplinary rail projects, as well as be able to build trusted relationships inside a range of client organisations.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
• Chartered engineer with ideally over 10 years’ experience in the railways sector with a proven track record in leadership and delivery of consulting engineering services for multi-disciplinary rail projects within the full range of project delivery environments including concept, planning and detailed design
• Strong client relationships, ideally with local rail authorities and ARTC, with proven and trusted track record of delivering outstanding outcomes
• Ability to present rail capability and solutions to specialist rail clients
• Driven client-facing delivery style, focussed on achieving outstanding outcomes for clients, with strong communication skills and the ability to lead
• Established track record working with Contractors in D&C contracts an advantage
• Strong technical understanding of the full range of rail engineering disciplines including alignment design, signalling, comms and rail electrification.
• Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work collaboratively with broader rail group in the ANZ region and internationally
• Strong understanding of BIM and state of the art design modelling tools and practices.
• Strong commercial and contractual acumen.
In turn, you’ll be working on significant projects like Melbourne Metro Tunnel and its supporting projects and other rail projects being pursued by the Victorian Government. You will build connections with our international expertise and bring this knowledge to our clients and to their projects. We adopt a pioneering mindset to meet our challenges head on.
There’s no time like the present to make a change
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.