Team Leader – Rail Technician
Position: Point Care Team Leader
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
Benefits: As part of the Transport for London family, we offer our staff a range of competitive benefits including: Free travel for you and a nominated partner / family member, living at the same address, across the TfL network. A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest-free loan. 30 days annual leave plus public holidays. Cycle to Work Scheme.
We are currently recruiting for a Point Care Team Leader to deliver a high quality, safe and efficient railway service by the effective and timely maintenance of DLR’s signalling equipment and assets. This role will manage KAD’s Point Care team responsible for the integrated signalling and track aspect of point operation and deliver excellent customer service and customer relations, to both internal customers and, when working on and about the railway, to passengers.
- Manage KAD’s specialist point care team, focusing on the maintenance of all mechanical, electrical and permanent way aspects of DLRs points.
- Manage KAD’s point life model delivery, renewing point equipment and coordinating with KADs track team to simultaneously replace stock and switch rails where a need is identified.
- The Point Care Team Leader will be responsible for: Regular maintenance of critical assets, Enhanced track and signalling joint inspections for all points, Completion of larger corrective maintenance interventions.
- Analysis of failure data to identify point failure trends and address issues before they detrimentally effect the railway.
- 3rd party Interfaces: Contribute to the management of the interfaces with DLRL, concessionaires, contractors and regulatory bodies.
- Professional Standards: Promote, by example, professional attitudes to working relationships within KAD with DLRL and 3rd parties. Contribute to a strong team working culture, especially between the engineering and projects teams.
Nature & Scope:
- The Point Care Team Leader will work predominantly nights but be expected to drop onto Mon-Fri days as required.
- The job holder will be requested to attend outside their normal working hours (including weekends) in order to respond to operational requirements, planned shutdowns or emergency interruption to railway service, an incident, or an emergency. Specifically, the job holder will be required to work a minimum of 6 closure weekends per year outside of their normal working hours.
- The job holder is expected to recommend improvements in training, department processes, competence of staff and first line response to ensure the response team and maintenance teams follow best practice.
Essential / Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
- SMTH certified (although can be attained in the role).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within point care or point installation / faulting team.
- Working knowledge of Clamp lock and HW point machines including electrical control and detection circuits.
- Relevant railway engineering experience in a supervisory role.
- Working knowledge of railway operation and maintenance practices, including configuration control.
- Ability to produce technical reports, procedures, specifications, method statements, risk assessments and basic drawings.
- Knowledge of licensing and competence management.
- Knowledge of special requirements for work on safety critical systems.
- The Jobholder must hold a full current manual driving licence.
KeolisAmey Docklands recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.
You may have experience of the following: Electrical Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Maintenance Technician, railway, Network Rail, Railway Engineer, Network Engineer, etc.
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.