A global leader in the world of rail infrastructure and sets the benchmark for innovative and environmentally friendly technologies, employing approximately 2,000 people at over 20 different locations in the UK & Ireland. A major supplier & maintainer of tramways, main line trains, metro cars, electrical renovation & signalling systems.
Purpose of the job
To manage the supply chain functions for the Signalling Systems & Infrastructure business operations, ensuring materials and services are procured and distributed for both projects and products at an appropriate quality, cost and delivery level.
Main duties and responsibilities will include
* Responsible for the management of all material and supply chain (SC) work packages in-line with budget
* To the Supply Chain team to deliver materials and services to the appropriate performance targets and through the People Review process ensure the ongoing development of the team.
* Accountable for the SC performance of both internal and external suppliers: Key Performance Indicators = On Time In Full (OTIF) / On Time Delivery (OTD) / Hard Inventory / function cost
* EHS Performance – close calls, audits, accidents
* Responsible for claims management on scope of responsibility
* Accountable for the Number of ‘Missing Parts’
* Control of Calibrated tooling
* Risk reduction/mitigation
* Number of supplier non-conformance reports
* Number of Corrective Action Requests/Observations on Supply Chain teams
* Improvement in capability maturity model integration & performance system scoring for supply chain functions
* To define and deliver strategic/annual plans to ensure supply chain activities meets requirements for business growth
* Define & manage jobs & skills required and ensure that the appropriate training & qualifications are in place
* To be responsible for all supply chain activities, including management of the inventory budget, planning and forecasting of materials & supply chain resources for Operations’ requirements, warehousing strategy, and purchasing of materials
* Provide supply chain inputs for tenders
* To ensure materials and services are available for Operations and other departments in-line with requirements
* Manage and / or execute procurement related functions within the Supply Chain team
* To drive cost reduction, process improvement projects and support reliability projects
* To manage Supply Chain work packages, presenting variances and opportunities for improvement to the Business
* To ensure the department utilises the relevant tools and processes and encourage a continuous improvement ethos in terms of roadmaps and benchmarking
* To occasionally deputise for UK&I Supply Chain & Sourcing Directors, and perform support for UK&I initiatives
* To ensure all processes & procedures are adhered to by all members of the Supply Chain teams.
* To establish key performance indicators, monitor ongoing performance, and improve performance against set goals.
* Educated to degree level (or equivalent experience)
* Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) qualification (or suitable supply chain experience)
* Excellent command of English with another European language preferred
* Management experience of a substantially sized team
* Experience within the Rail industry or similar
* Excellent understanding of Supply Chain & logistics principles and processes within a project environment including demand management and material planning.
* Experienced in identifying and delivering cost savings and business improvements
* Track record of success in delivering business improvements through the management of multi-site teams.
* Experienced in managing the day to day procurement processes to deliver high levels of material availability whilst balancing inventory levels.
* Financial and Commercial awareness
* Detail oriented
* Strong Leadership skills,
* Background in Business Improvement activities (Kaizen, 6 Sigma) preferable
* Excellent communication skills
* Salary: upto £70k
* Bonus: 5%
* Car/Car Allowance
* Holidays – 25 plus bank holidays
We offer you the opportunity to unleash your potential and help drive our organisation forward. In the UK and Ireland, we are striving to be an employer that delivers on equality and diversity in the workplace. We do this by seeking to create an inclusive, fair and respectful environment for all our current and future employees. As a 'Disability Committed' employer, we will interview all disabled job applicants who match the essential criteria of the job description/specification.
If applying for this job opportunity and currently at risk of redundancy then please advise us of this within your application.
To apply please send a copy of your up to date cv or call 02032011211 for more information.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.