Software Technical Lead - Rail Signalling needed for a minimum 6 month contract in Birmingham
Rate: £500- £550 per day
We are seeking candidates who can demonstrate a strong level of technical capability in Software design and development for rail innovation projects. Someone that can work with the Systems and lead the software team on the development of signalling systems and can bring that experience to bear with the team.
We are interested in engineers from a software background who can demonstrate experience of successfully contributing to the design of safety-related control and automation software systems under verification and validation methodology.
We are seeking candidates who know the complete development cycle of software development (Requirements, Architecture, Integration, Validation, Assessment) and are able to demonstrate technical capability within innovation projects and can bring use that experience to lead out team.
Open communication style and keen to engage and facilitate and challenge discussion on technical as well as procedural aspects within the team and organisation.
• To technically lead the software team
• To provide system and software engineering design of innovation projects
within the Rail industry
• Responsible of the development of industry leading methodologies, techniques
and tools to create future ground-breaking software products within the Rail
• To provide technical engineering excellence.
• Maintain and improve the processes, techniques and tools to provide safety
assurance at the same time as increasing the level of automation of the
• Verification and Validation of safety critical software including design review,
code review and Integration testing
• Bring new ideas about software development, early delivery, continuous
improvement and rapid and flexible response to change.
• Working with a range of diverse engineering tools
• Maintaining and developing client relationships.
• Successfully meeting cost and project deadlines.
• Experience in designing, implement and test software for critical safety related
• Experience applying EN50128 to develop and deliver software applications for
• Understanding of innovations development roadmap and product
• Experience of working in verification & validation software development
• Experience on Software development and software testing.
• Experience on Model Based engineering design tools, formal design
methodologies, UML and formal languages.
• HNC/degree (or equivalent) level in an Engineering discipline
• Excellent communication skills.
• Sound report writing skills.
• Experience of the Rail industry would be desirable but not essential
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.