Key role and responsibilities for this role;
We are looking to fill two trainee metalwork balustrading and handrail installer vacancies. You will be working alongside a skilled Installer and your main job would be the installation of secondary steelwork and architectural metalwork which also includes steel & glass balustrades and other materials.
MQM are currently working nationwide from Leicester, Birmingham, London, Northampton, and Derbyshire which you will travelling from Leicester daily to and from the customer sites. This may involve the occasional overnight stay from home. A full driving licence is essential and the hours of work are long with you working between 45-50 hours per week.
* The Ideal candidate would have knowledge and experience of the steel metalwork industry.
* You must adhere to all health and safety regulations set by the company and behave in a responsible manner at all times.
* Be responsible for checking all deliveries, i.e finished steelwork, fittings, fixings, glass and hired plant and equipment.
* To act in a responsible and safe manner at all times with regard to Health and Safety.
* Have a practical aptitude for working with machinery, hand and power tools.
* Have a CSCS card to able to work on Construction Sites (but this can be arranged) but must be 18 years of age.
Minimum requirements for this role;
* Able to read, understand and interpret basic drawings and instructions.
* Have a sound knowledge of correct working and safety practices.
* Be physically fit.
* To be accurate and pay attention to detail.
* Must be punctual and conscientious.
About the Company
MQM Ltd have provided design, fabrication & Installation services covering steel frames, such as stadiums, industrial, car parks, and school projects for over 25 years. Also as a full package we offer Architectural & Secondary Steelwork in mild steel and Stainless. This includes Staircases, balconies, balustrading & hand railing, walkways, pedestrian bridges, mezzanine floors, glazing support, canopy steelwork and miscellaneous fabrications.
If you want to hear more about this role please send us your CV by clicking 'apply now
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.