Site Agent – Rail Civils
My client is a leading national rail and civil engineering contractor. Due to an extremely busy order book for 2021 and beyond, an opportunity has arisen for Site Agent to join their regional team to be responsible for the management of the construction site to achieve required project delivery, while maintaining standards of health and safety, quality, environmental impact and cost control. The successful individual will assist in the delivery of multiple on-going projects, to the specified quality, the required programme and to the maximum commercial performance. The post holder will work closely with the Estimating Department, engineers and surveyors to ensure that projects are completed in a safe manner whilst customer requirements are always maintained or exceeded.
* Ensure the commercial performance of the contract is maximised.
* Assume overall responsibility for the successful delivery of projects.
* Provide engineering expertise and support to the project team.
* Deliver the work safely and without environmental incidents.
* Ensure production and implementation of Project Plans, WPP’s, ITP’s and waste management plans, in line with Company and Client procedures.
* Produce and manage the project programme and produce 2 weeks look ahead
* Produce procurement schedules and liaise with the procurement department to ensure sites have adequate resources to complete the tasks.
* Client interface Undertake an ambassadorial role representing the business to customers, public and official bodies Deliver product to the customers satisfaction Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Always comply with Company procedures and legal obligations, promoting best practice.
* Promote the Network Rails Life Saving rules and establish safe working cultures and practices.
* Maintain and manage construction sites and subcontractors, developing positive working relationships
* Ensure that the QA file is produced and maintained
* Ensure the work is delivered snag/defect free and on time
* Produce the monthly CVR Maximise project GSM/value
* Ensure detailed site diaries/records are completed Maintain commercial tension to drive out cost and challenge the status quo..
* Reporting Report to Senior Line Manager and Rail Director as required.
* Produce all Client reports as and when required. Chair weekly site meetings in line with Company procedures
* Degree/HNC in Civil Engineering, or equivalent. Considerable experience in Civil Engineering.
* A working knowledge of Network Rails GRIP Stages.
* A working knowledge of Network Rail’s Suite of Contracts including the NEC contract conditions.
* Considerable experience in the CDM regulations, design management, programme and risk management and cost control including forecasting, actual cost and value reporting.
* Ability to challenge designs and resolve problems to conclusion Ability to demonstrate the right behaviours and motivate and lead the team in line with the Company culture, ensuring high standards of compliance.
* Temporary Works Coordination, design and management.
* Good knowledge of specifications and testing regimes relevant to general civil engineering.
* CSCS card SMSTS card NEBOSH or IOSH Excellent communication, people and team management skills with the ability to motivate others to achieve high standards of compliance
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.