As Signalling & Telecoms Rail Engineer for Translink, you will support the Head of S&T to improve the reliability of signalling assets by identifying, recommending and implementing improvement initiatives. This will be completed by analysing data, investigating failures, identifying improvements and completing inspections on track.
Translink is Northern Ireland main Rail provider with a strategy to maintain and grow passenger and network capacity, with plans to introduce higher-speed service, track upgrades, station refurbs and new builds, refurbishment of trains and upgrade ticketing systems.
*Please note that detailed application forms must be submitted before Friday 02nd Aug so early application is advisable*
As the Signalling & Telecoms Rail Engineer your new role will include but not be limited to the following:
* Ensuring S&T assets meet the performance requirements of the RU
* Apply FMEA ( Failure mode effects analysis) on signalling failures identifying trends and implementing suitable improvement strategies
* Effective use of data logging information to identify degrading equipment allowing for planned response before it impacts on performance or ultimately fails
* Apply a suitable Maintain strategy to ensure all data logging equipment remains effective
* Analysis of Computer Asset Maintenance Management System (CAMMS) to create monthly performance reports ensuring % improvement in signalling performance
* Assist in competency requirements for Centrix system to ensure teams have access to and can interpret displayed information, when responding to failures or verification of maintenance improvements
* Investigate defective equipment and ensure suppliers or selected contractors complete suitable failure reports identifying root cause
* Assist S&T capital projects to identify new asset equipment with greater performance characteristics
* Complete analysis of assets and assist in determining suitable maintenance strategies ensuring safety, efficiency and performance KPI`s
* Provide technical and management support to S&T shift staff
* Ensuring future signalling assets perform against growing environmental challenges
To be considered for this role you will have:
* Experience of Safety, Health & Environment.
* Experience of planning work schedules to ensure efficient use of resources.
* Minimum of a HNC or equivalent qualification in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with a minimum of 2 years' experience in a supervisory or management role in the maintenance of railway signalling systems, or alternatively, possess a minimum of an ONC or equivalent qualification in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with a minimum of 4 years' experience in a supervisory or management role in the maintenance of railway signalling systems
* Experience in the efficient application of maintenance procedures, processes and standards to ensure the safe reliable operation of signalling equipment.
* Experience of organising, implementing and reviewing the performance of staff.
* Experience of investigating signalling failures and analysing data to initiate repairs.
* Knowledge and technical understanding of signal interlocking interfaces.
It would be Desirable if candidates had the following:
* ILM Level 3 qualification
* Professional assessing qualification OCR Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement.
(A full job specification and application form can be provided upon application)
If you feel this "Signalling & Telecoms Rail Engineer "role is something you may be interested in please contact Damien or Anne in Belfast for further information.
If you would like to be considered, please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.