Senior Engineer – Rail Civils
My client is a leading national rail and civil engineering contractor. Due to an extremely busy order book for 2021 and beyond, an opportunity has arisen for a Senior Engineer to join their regional team, with a focus to provide site engineering duties, to several projects within the business, including the supervision of trainee and site engineers.
The role involves establishing the level and survey control for contracts and setting out detailed works as per the contract drawings, ensuring that checks are made on a regular basis.
* Establish the level and survey control for contracts.
* Set out detailed works as per the contract drawings ensuring that checks are made on a regular basis.
* Ensure records regarding health and safety and the work environment are complete, accurate and comply with organisational and legal requirements.
* Deliver the work safely, without environmental incidents, and to the specified quality without defects.
* Manage weekly look ahead and as built programmes with Site Engineer.
* Assist the Site Agent/Sub Agent in developing efficient work methods and techniques, ensuring the best use of resources and abilities are made.
* Deputise for the Sub/Site Agent where required.
* Promote Health & Safety systems and procedures and establish safe working cultures and practices.
* Comply with company procedures and legal obligations.
* Promote and comply with environmental compliance.
* Deliver the works safely and to deadline.
* Managing quality, reporting procedure working closely with site team to ensure all reports are completed accurately and on time.
* Carry out instrumental checks in accordance with the agreed guidelines and schedule.
* Complete records of quality audits in accordance with agreed procedures and timescales i.e. at the end of works.
* Give feedback to the Site Agent/Sub Agent regarding areas where corrective action needs to be taken.
* Manage and compile ITPs with Site Engineer.
* Managing resources Ensure the availability of resources and that they consistently meet company’s and the client’s requirements for quality, quantity and prompt delivery.
* Deal with any actual or potential problems with resources promptly liaising with the Site Agent where necessary.
* Ensure records of resources are complete and accurate.
* Produce Risk Assessments for all work activities and brief to all concerned.
* Produce Work Package Plans and issue.
* Develop and maintain positive working relationships between operatives and staff; client and contractor; suppliers and contractors; public and contractors; and subcontractors and contractors.
* Managing information Obtain all ‘as built’ information ensuring that it is accurate and relevant Record, store and maintain records and correspondence in line with organisational and legal requirements
* Produce accurate records, drawing registers, and weekly diaries that will be measured routinely as part of the quality audit process
Essential Previous Experience:
* Setting out on civil engineering projects, which should include highways, infrastructure and reinforced concrete works
* Degree/HNC, or equivalent, in civil engineering
* CSCS card SMSTS Temporary Works Coordination, design and management.
* Experience using AutoCAD Ability to manage and deliver a successful project with minimal guidance
* Experience of running reports and ensuring accurate record keeping
* Ability to challenge designs and resolve problems to conclusion
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.