Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
To manage and deliver allocated contracts safely in accordance with legislation and Amey procedures to contract specification and programme, while building and sustaining long term customer relationships in accordance with project relationship matrix.
What will this role involve?
* Promote safe working practices, ensure full implementation and compliance with safety responsibility statement below
* Deliver the Amey Essentials on TRU
* Accountable for submitting and meeting accurate forecasts for cost and turnover achieving forecast margins for allocated contracts
* Ensure that allocated contracts are effectively planned and progress reviewed on a weekly basis
* Timely submission of weekly PAPM/CAPM’s and period end
* Balanced Scorecard reports to an agreed format (to include the Amey Essentials KPIs)
* Support the tender processes and strategy as required
* Establish and manage a clear communication plan for
* Client and suppliers as appropriate meeting Amey Essential KPIs
What are we looking for?
* Min HNC / HND in Engineering (or a similar approved qualification)
* Must be able to drive
* Degree in Engineering (or similar qualification at this level)
* Commercially experienced and competent
* Skilled at customer and supply chain management in challenging environments
* Computer literacy – Excel, Word, Power point and Microsoft Outlook
* Understanding of the Railway Operating Environment
* Significant project management experience of multi- disciplinary projects (preferably) within the railway infrastructure with responsibility for P&L at project level
* The ability to manage and lead a team in the successful delivery of multi-disciplinary projects
* Strong interpersonal skills to influence and manage all stakeholders
* Technical competencies
* Satisfy requirements of PTS medical PTS / IWA Health & Safety Training (IOSH)
* Knowledge of Risk Assessment techniques
* Understanding of Railway planning systems
* Environmental awareness for managers
What makes this role unique?
You will effectively lead and line manage project teams, including training, development and performance management
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.