Are you a Chartered Engineer with a background in Civil or Construction engineering, looking for the opportunity to play a pivotal part in a company's success as it makes a direct impact on the improvement on the UKs rail infrastructure and stations?
Kenton Black are looking for a Chartered or Incorporated Engineer to join a rapidly growing rail consultancy with the aim to oversee, manage and help grow a growing department of the business. As a leading Project Management consultancy for Rail infrastructure, my client now seeks a well-equipped individual able to support the growth of an already busy design team. Aiming to provide all services in house, this is an excellent opportunity for the individual to showcase their technical prowess and management skills.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Assist the Engineering Director in the delivery of the Engineering Action Plan to help develop and grow an engineering team to support the growth objectives.
• Help develop robust Engineering Assurance Process for management of the design elements of projects during the development and implementation phases, and ensure that process accord with best practice, Standards and any applicable regulations.
• Identify and implement quality and efficiency improvement initiatives.
• Help grow a Design Delivery team to enable the delivery of an in-house design team for the purposes of Design Development.
• Undertake staff appraisals for engineering staff within his / her team and one to one reviews on a regular basis identify staff training and development requirements.
• Act as Delegated Engineer when necessary to support the development of other engineers.
• Provide input and advice into the training programme for all engineering staff to help ensure that the engineering team have the expertise required to deliver the support to projects.
• Provide ongoing support and set up support mechanisms for Project Engineers to ensure they continue to develop and improve the quality of delivery of projects.
• Provide in terms of engineering support and design management in the development and delivery of a programme of projects to agreed scope, time, cost and quality requirements, working with Project Manager’s, Directors, Executive Sponsors and their representatives. This support may include undertaking the role of Designated Project Engineer or Project Engineer on specific projects.
• Work in accordance with the Engineering Assurance Process Quality Management System to ensure that the best possible services are provided to customers; and that customer feedback informs the ongoing development of the business.
• Report to the Engineering Director on the progress of the engineering / technical elements of projects, make recommendations and propose decisions where required on any aspect of project delivery.
• Manage the effective development and management of staff and sub-consultants and suppliers to meet all company standards will be required.
• Work with the Project Manager to establish an effective relationship, supporting effective delivery, performance measurement and management of change. This will also encompass where appropriate, communications with outside bodies whilst building a positive reputation.
• Lead and inspire the engineering team to maintain full engagement in meeting business and project objectives.
• Act upon and discharge of all Construction Design Management (CDM) obligations for projects as required.
• To develop and maintain strategies to ensure emerging legislation and ongoing best practice is properly accounted for in all documentation, contracts and specifications.
• Apply change, risk and resource management including early warning to line management.
• Manage personal resources and own professional development and to work in a manner that promotes equality and values diversity.
Salary and Package:
• Up to £68,000 basic salary
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Profit share bonus
• Life assurance
• Annual professional subscriptions
• Discounted gym membership
• Flexible working
For more information please contact Chris Wright (phone number removed) or (url removed)
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.