Senior Project Engineer - Rail / Highways
Birmingham, West Midlands
Competitive salary + Extensive company benefits
Are you an aspiring Project Manager from the Rail industry looking to progress as a leader where you will build a design and engineering team for some of the UKs largest rail projects?
This is the opportunity to work alongside the Directorship team where you will provide inspirational leadership to help create and deliver action plans to build, mentor and support a new team giving you complete autonomy to fully engage with the business.
Do you want to operate outside a typically corporate, highly bureaucratic structure, and be part of an agile, dynamic team that has made a success of innovating and looks to challenge the status quo?
This consultancy has been established for over 10 years and have worked with a wide range of projects boasting some of the largest rail infrastructure projects across the UK helping local authorities, private companies, and government with future strategies through to delivering state of the art projects.
In this role you will focus on early feasibility studies for the UKs rail projects. This is the opportunity to apply engineering principles and be involved with detailed design.
This role would suit a Project Manager from a Rail or Highways / Geotechs background looking for a senior role where you will be responsible for providing insight and leadership to help the operations team to establish effective ways of delivering multi-million-pound projects.
* Assist the Engineering Director in the delivery of the Engineering Action Plan to help develop and grow an engineering team
* Develop robust Engineering Assurance Process for management of the design elements of projects during the development and implementation phases
* Help grow a Design Delivery team to enable the delivery of an in-house design team for the purposes of Design Development
* Responsible for producing the programme plan that captures detailed activity plans for all contracts highlighting key deliverables and resource requirements to successfully deliver the works as agreed and satisfy contractual obligations
* Experience of design management
* Experience of managing multi-disciplinary projects and teams
* Have knowledge of Network Rail standards and processes for example NR/L2/INI/02009 and NR/L2/CIV/003 or similar.
Project Engineer, Rail, Project Manager, technical, Civil, structural, engineering, West Midlands.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.