* Degree qualified engineer or equivalent experience in appropriate railway systems engineering discipline experience of engineering and/or construction on railway systems engineering project projects.
* Experience in the management of testing and commissioning of Rail Systems.
* Knowledge of industry work processes for Testing and Commissioning rail systems.
* Understanding of interface management.
* Knowledge and understanding of working arrangements with joint ventures, alliances and consortiums.
* Preferably I.Eng or C.Eng accredited with IET.
* Ability to effectively work within a matrix organization.
* Knowledge of cross functional work processes and interface knowledge, especially Project Controls, Quality management and the ability to manage the relationships/interfaces with management and functional groups.
* Understanding of Health & Safety requirements for Railway Infrastructure projects, including knowledge of the application of the CDM Regulations and the CSM-RA process for system risk management and control.
Purpose of the Job
To support the Employer in providing Testing and Commissioning expertise centrally for the project & to provide logistics and administrative support for the Dynamic Testing –. Also to support the Employer in ensuring Systemwide Contractors are cognisant of the Testing and Commissioning requirements of the works information and fulfil them in a manner that ensures full integration between contracts across the Central Operating Section.
2. Principal Accountabilities
Support the Employer coordinating and supporting project teams in relation to the following:
* Coordinating Dynamic Testing at the RCC with direct and indirect communications with all stakeholders
* Provide logistical and administrative support prior to testing activities. (Dynamic Test Windows)
* Collating test procedures for all stakeholders and other relevant documentation.
* Attending all meetings scheduled prior to test windows to ensure full alignment.
* Issuing notifications to all key stakeholders in preparation of testing.
* Ensuring statuses of systems and software configurations are obtained and recorded.
* Producing reporting uniformed documentation for use during testing.
* Producing reporting emails for distribution during testing to be used for key stakeholders during testing.
* Distributing documentation to relevant parties prior to testing. (i.e. Test Train coordinators documentation for units and RCC coordinators documentation folders.)
* Collating Prerequisite Test Readiness Document(s) (i.e. PSD door certificates, Room Readiness Checklist, BT unit health checklist, etc.)
3. Main Challenges of the Job
* Supporting the Employer in relation to understanding and ensuring the coordination and integration of Testing and Commissioning activities to fulfil all defined requirements, including schedule, cost, and self-assured quality for assigned systems/assets.
* Influencing a matrix organisation at project level to deliver a successful and Integrated Testing & Commissioning strategy.
* Building and maintaining strong working relationships with all the key stakeholders in a large multi-tier infrastructure project.
4. Dimensions & Interfaces (Internal and External)
Key working relationships -
* Dynamic Testing Manager
* Testing & Commissioning Command & Control Coordinator
* Works closely with key individuals from all Crossrail project teams and Systemwide contractors – other members of the CRL T&C team, project field engineers, planners, construction project managers; project managers, quality manager, certification manager, directorate support teams and other third party stakeholders
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.