Role: Quantity Surveyor / Senior Quantity Surveyor
Sector: Rail Infrastructure
Employment Type: Permanent Staff
Salary: Up to £65,000 per annum plus package
I have two fantastic new opportunities in Peterborough, one for a Quantity Surveyor and one for a Senior Quantity Surveyor, supporting a major Rail Infrastructure project.
You will be working for the Rail & Electrification unit of a specialist organisation who provide national construction and infrastructure services across a variety markets.
Salaries range dependant on your experience however we can discuss anything up to around £65,000 per annum (for the Senior Quantity Surveyor) plus benefits.
For the Quantity Surveyor:
- HND or Degree in Quantity Surveying (or other commercially related discipline)
- RICS accredited
- Appropriate CSCS card
- Able to demonstrate a good knowledge of monthly reporting
- Practical knowledge of forms of contract
- Understanding of period cost reporting and comparison with budget/forecast
- Previous experience with COINS
- Experience in commercial management of sub-contractors, including chairing regular meetings, measurement and control cycle, certificates, accrual calculations and value allocation
- Knowledge of the procurement of sub-contractors
- Able to manage and effectively monitor sub-contractors with little supervision
- Knowledge of effective cost allocation management
For the Senior Quantity Surveyor:
- BSc in Quantity Surveying (or other equivalent commercially related discipline)
- CSCS compliance
- Working towards professional membership of an appropriate organisation (for example, RICS/CIOB)
- Detailed knowledge of company management systems including; Commercial and financial (Commercial Manager / COINS / Sphere)
- Risk management
- Personnel management
- Commercial and contractual knowledge, in various forms of contract
- A working knowledge of current legislation
- Proven experience of managing quantity surveyors on a large contract
- Negotiation and settlement of disputes and accounts relating both to customers and suppliers
- People management experience, such as managing performance, development and disciplinary procedures
- Experience working with a variety of schedule of rates contracts
Please click on the link to apply, or contact Tamsin directly at Scantec.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.