Project Manager - Rail Civil Engineering
With a turnover approaching £500 million our client undertakes major multi-disciplinary construction projects within Building, Civil Engineering, Demolition, Land Remediation, Land Restoration, Sports & Leisure, and Rail.
London - DLR Contract
* Lead manage, maintain, enforce, monitor and promote high standards of HSEQ on project(s) and set minimum standards for the team to follow
* Continually seek to satisfy the customer and any stakeholder achieving high standards of customer service and expectation management. Secure repeat business whilst managing all areas of project success
* Lead, manage, monitor and communicate on programme and site management - fully understand the programme and produce contract programme and procurement schedules.
* Lead the control and monitoring of project costs, plus financial and commercial performance
* Ensure ALL employees, including sub-contract employees, are instructed on Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality requirements, including project specific needs.
* Train/develop all staff under your control - be an integral part of the appraisal process, understand training / development needs
* Liaise closely with the commercial team in the financial aspects of the project, fully understanding costs, value and potential opportunities
* Business Improvement - continually seek to improve business processes
* Build positive Supply Chain relationships in all areas of disciplines, and ensure that all supply chain have clear lines of responsibilities and scope
* Lead on ensuring design and construction value engineering and innovation
* Produce results which create excellent project performance, e.g. client satisfaction, profitable and positive high-performing subcontractors and suppliers, compliance within the intended standards for health, safety, environment and quality, excellent planning standards and commercial performance
Key Skills Needed
* Qualified in Civil Engineering
* Previous Project Management experience with a similar Contractor
* Leading and managing projects from £5m to £50m in size
* Build people relationships at all levels
* Managing expectations
* Programming and planning - including use of various software
* Cost Planning / Cashflow management
* Coaching / Mentoring skills
Contact Matt Purkis at AndersElite
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.