Leading civil engineering & rail contractor working throughout Wales, the Midlands and South-West England are recruiting for a Project Manager who will be responsible for the safe execution of multiple rail projects in North Wales. These project vary in size and complexity, ranging from a £1.M - £25.M, with project including embankment stabilisation, station regeneration & bridge replacement schemes.
Reporting directly to a Contracts Manager, you will be responsible for execution of the contract, in line with the company policies, procedures & work instructions, ensuring commercial objectives are met.
To be successful in this role it is likely the ideal candidate will have a relevant Degree or HND in civil engineering or be in possession of relevant equivalent experience.
It would be beneficial if you were a PTS and CSCS card holder and had SMSTS or equivalent.
The Project Manager will be accountable for, but not limited to:
* Managing site staff performance in collaboration with HR colleagues
* Providing health and safety leadership to the operational delivery teams and promoting behavioural safety improvements
* Ensuring that site teams rigorously adhere to Network Rail’s Life Saving Rules and reporting requirements
* Complying with all relevant HSE legislation, Network Rail Standards and Eurocodes
* Ensuring policies and procedures of the Rail Management System are fully discharged
* Promoting and implementing sustainable business objectives
* Achieving gross site margin target as set by the business
* Supporting as required the estimating and planning process for specific schemes/region
* Ensuring sufficient and competent resources are in place for the delivery of contracts and business and project objectives are communicated
* Developing and maintaining programmes through the project life cycle and ensuring works are delivered against the contract programme
* Leading the project risk management process and ensuring effective controls are established to support delivery of the project
* Ensuring project opportunities are identified and realised to maintain and improve the commercial project performance
* Promoting and maintaining effective client/stakeholder relationships to protect and enhance company reputation leading to repeat business
* Upholding the core company values and inspiring and encouraging the same throughout the team
* Ensuring that all mandatory reporting of KPI's, Close Calls, accidents and incidents are carried out as per Network Rail procedures
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.