About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join our Rail team to work in Crawley.
* Manage projects for both Capital and Works Delivery across the entire Southern Region Wessex, Kent & Sussex;
* Metallic Structures;
* Rail Systems / Permanent way;
* Lineside civils;
* Structure refurbishment/replacement;
* Lead a multi-disciplinary team to the successful completion of the project; to the required specification and quality standard; whilst achieving contract programme milestones, approved margin and cash forecasts;
* Hold key relationships with our Clients across multiple routes and disciplines ensuring that future contracting opportunities are secured;
* Develop winning tender proposals to secure future works under existing framework.
What you'll be doing
As a Project Manager you will:
* Approval and implementation of Project Quality Plans, Safety Plans, Work Package Plans, ITPs and Toolbox Talks;
* Deliver the contract safely, fostering a positive safety culture;
* Lead team to deliver world class safety performance average 1 close call every 300 person hours, 0 LTIR, 0 RIDDORs, 1 x PGI / Safety Tours per person per month;
* Lead by example to effectively support the company Safety Behavioural Programme including implementation of safety initiatives.
Accountable for the safe delivery, execution and financial performance to agreed budget and / or approved forecasts;
Ensure that systems and processes are implemented to meet Project requirements, including Quality Plans, Design Trackers and ITPs;
Ensure that robust and accurate cost plans are produced and reported against on a weekly basis.
* Develop and maintain excellent client relationships by effective and timely communication and producing reports in a timely manner;
* Develop future contracting opportunities with Network Rail.
Ensure that Project Cash entitlement is applied for and recovered in accordance with the contract (before the last day of each month);
Responsible for the Operational and Commercial success of allocated projects, ensuring that all activities are carried out in accordance with legal, client and company requirements, policies and instructions;
Deliver tender margin.
* Attendance on Regional pulse / PDR calls;
* Timely submission of internal and external reports; such as Clients Monthly Project Progress, Weekly Pulse, Stage Gate 6 reports;
* Ensure that site records are produced and adequacy of which reviewed on a monthly basis, to include site diaries, plant, labour, material returns and change records as minimum;
* Produce and maintain Project Risk logs (iRIS) identifying mitigation measures to minimise potential impact;
* Ensure that approved Contract Programmes are in place prior to commencement of works and progress monitored on a regular basis;
* Ensure compliance to the mandated Stage Gate Process updated on the Digital Briefcase;
* Proactively support the audit and compliance programme, and timely completion of issues arising;
* Ensure that monthly project audits are completed to measure compliance to Group Minimum Operational Standards, and action plan implemented to address findings in a timely manner.
Effective management of our Subcontractors and Suppliers ensuring compliance to all contractual and safety requirements;
Ensuring weekly reports are submitted to the central Procurement function.
Line Management responsibility for the professional development and training requirements for project staff allocated;
Determine organisational requirements for team, identifying & brief roles and responsibilities of team members.
Who we're looking for
The following qualities/experience are essential:
* Extensive knowledge and practical experience in Rail Construction techniques and processes such as in Track and Civil Engineering;
* Proven experience in delivering Rail Systems schemes;
* Personal Track Safety card holder;
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Rail Limited is an international leader in rail infrastructure engineering projects and the UK's largest rail engineering and services provider. We offer a full range of rail infrastructure activities from high-speed rail to mass rapid transit, covering urban, rural and commuter routes, for both public and private railways.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmumsTop Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.