Project Information Manager - BIM- Rail
Our client, a multi disciplinary design and engineering consultancy leads the global professional services sector delivering mission critical solutions for a more connected, sustainable world by providing a full spectrum of services. These include technical, professional, construction and program management capabilities by utilising its workforce of over 80,000+ employees in 400+ locations worldwide.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Rail Information Management Team for the position of Project Information Manager. This role will form part of the Teams remit of driving development and implementation of Building Information Modelling (BIM) into Rail business.
The successful candidate will:-
Be responsible for management, integrity and security of digital information created on project and stored in the IMS.
Have a good understanding of contractual and commercial aspects of Digital Delivery, and ensures compliance against industry, government and client requirements.
Be a vocal advocate of Digital Delivery, promotes best practice, assists in delivering training/learning programmes, and supports project teams.
Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to bring efficiencies and value to projects, clients and the business.
On projects, will report directly to Digital Delivery Lead and/or Project Manager.
• Establish, manage and control Common Data Environment.
• Ensure Level 2 BIM project mobilisation, contractual documentation and delivery successfully executed in accordance with client Information requirements.
• Ensure security of all digital project information, including security vetting for access to Common Data Environment, and confident in raising non-compliances where they occur.
• Oversee and ensure success of Suppliers Information Exchange at each delivery stage.
• Responsible for verifying final Project Information Model against Master Information Delivery Plan.
• Raising technical queries and early warnings with Digital Delivery Lead and Project Manager.
• Work with Task Team Managers to ensure adherence to appropriate digital discipline workflows.
• Production and management of the project health and safety model in line with PAS 1192-6.
• Oversee performance of and provide guidance to project Digital Delivery Team.
• Be main point of contact and authority of BIM on project, including providing leadership and guidance on project.
• Assesse capability, training needs and implements training and support when required.
• Working with Contractors to meet 4D requirements and responsible for handover of Project Information Models.
• Responsible for providing Digital Delivery project fee estimates / monitoring spend / recording efficiencies and reporting issues to the Digital Delivery Lead where necessary.
Qualifications- Essential Criteria
• Degree or HND/HNC in a related subject.
• A proactive approach to health and safety and wellbeing.
• Excellent communication and personal skills and capable of managing a challenging workload.
• Project production/delivery experience.
• Good understanding of BIM Level 2 standards and requirements.
• Good knowledge of Engineering Design and Information Management systems.
• Experience of delivering training/learning.
• Presentation/demonstration skills.
• Rail experience preferred but not essential.
• Knowledge of MicroStation, AECOsim, Bentley Navigator etc.
• Experience of Data/Asset Lifecycle Management.
• Able to produce well-presented documentation of processes and workflows.
• Achieved or working towards a professional qualification e.g. ICE, IET, BRE
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.