Project Engineer – Assurance and Completion
Purpose of the Job
* Address resolve and drive to completion the required assurance documentation for an element or a Routeway chapter
* Support the closeout of outstanding assurance documentation element
* Support the handover process
Lead the implementation of the Hit Squad and drive the activities to conclusion;
Triage the individual KPI Metrics to establish the requirement for closing out for each stage;
Confirm the KPI Metrics dependencies with the Contractor and Company.
Work closely with the Hit Squad team to drive to closure assurance documentation and completion of the handover process;
Reach back to confirm the triage requirements and needs;
Be the link back for advice and direction in closing out the KIP Metrics and assurance documentation and handover requirements, establish true need;
Provide feedback for lessons learned to improve process, activities and understanding of the both Hit Squads and Roving Teams;
Elevate any issues that may appear to be or become blockers to progressing to closure of the safety assurance documentation and technical assurance documentation;
Participate in workshops focusing on resolving assurance documentation issues and completion of the handover process.
Take reasonable care of your own and others’ health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to Target Zero principles
Co-operate in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
Act as a role model for vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put information or information systems at risk
Main challenges of the job
* Provide engineering support ensuring that technical standards are being applied through critical examination of contractor’s assurance evidence submissions.
* Ensure contractors compliance with applicable standards, specifications and procedures
* Provide technical advice to project teams within area of expertise.
* Contribute to successful system integration through involvement of relevant disciplines and parties
* Considerable experience of providing professional and technical advice, guidance and support on project engineering issues
* Considerable experience of project engineering in one discipline area
* Experience of carrying out technical document review and analysis.
* Preferred experience in underground railways.
* Experience of building relationships with, and influencing, a range of people at all levels within and outside the organisation
* Experience of working in a construction or engineering environment is desirable.
* An Engineering Degree and/or Higher National qualifications
* Chartered Engineer Status or qualifications leading to Chartered Status together with membership of an appropriate professional institution.
* Well-developed knowledge of maintenance techniques and good industry practice.
* Knowledge of safety legislation and operating rules and regulations.
* Knowledge and capability to undertake quality inspections and site investigations.
* Knowledge of risk management principles.
* Understand the framework of the structured environment in which contractors are working.
* Awareness of contractual arrangements that apply.
Ability to deal with hard issues, working outside their comfort zone, with a completer / finisher mentality.
Ability to analyse complex data, draw conclusions, produce reports and make recommendations to senior management.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people at all levels across the organisation and externally.
Ability to build effective working relationships, with people at all levels across the organisation and externally and to influence.
Ability to plan, implement and manage projects to deliver to time, budget and quality.
Ability to manage multidisciplinary teams to deliver effective performance.
Ability to reach back for support when necessary and communicate efficiently how best they can be assisted.
Ability to use office-based computer packages, e.g. MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) to basic level
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.