* Worked in a multidisciplinary rail environment
* Understanding of the Crossrail assurance process or LU
* Dealt with an unfamiliar subject, proposed a solution and carried forward that work stream to conclusion
* Owned a problem through to resolution in spite of challenges
* Influenced superiors / business / project to do things differently
* Had to analyse complex data, draw conclusions, produce reports and make recommendations to senior management
* Had to build effective working relationships with people at all levels across the organisation and externally
The Tiger Team are a group of multidisciplinary engineers who are resourced across the programme to help resolve and close-out pan-Crossrail assurance activity. A Tiger Team Project Engineer can expect to drive required assurance documentation to completion for an Element or Routeway Chapter and in doing so, support the overall handover process.
2. Principal Accountabilities
• Lead a workstream and drive the activities to completion;
• Triage the individual KPI metrics to establish the requirement for closing out for each stage of the workstream;
• Confirm the KPI metric dependencies with the Tier 1, Crossrail and RfL / LU;
• Work collaboratively with all required parties (Tier 1, Crossrail and RfL / LU) to drive assurance documentation to completion and support the handover process;
• Reach back to Crossrail to confirm the triage requirements and needs;
• Be the link back to Crossrail for advice and direction in closing out the KPI metrics and assurance documentation and handover requirements;
• Provide feedback for lessons learned to improve process, activities and understanding of the Tiger Team initiatives;
• Identify and elevate any issues that may appear to be or become blockers to progressing the closure of the safety assurance documentation and technical assurance documentation;
• Participate in workshops focusing on resolving assurance documentation issues and completion of the handover process;
3. Main Challenges of the Job
• Provide engineering support ensuring that technical standards are being applied through critical examination of contractor’s assurance evidence submissions;
• Ensure contractors comply with applicable standards, specifications and procedures;
• Provide technical advice to project teams within area of expertise;
• Contribute to successful system integration through involvement of relevant disciplines and parties.
4. Dimensions & Interfaces (Internal and External)
The Tiger Team have a professional reporting line to the Head of Engineering Management.
Key working relationships:
• Tiger Team Lead
• Principal Delivery Engineers
• Heads of Discipline
• Project Managers
• RFL Handover leads
• LU Handover leads
• Tier 1 contractors
5. Person Specification
• Considerable experience of providing professional and technical advice, guidance and support on project engineering issues;
• Considerable experience of project engineering in one discipline area;
• Experience of carrying out technical document review and analysis;
• Preferred experience in underground railways;
Page 3 of 3
• Experience of building relationships with, and influencing, a range of people at all levels within and outside the organisation;
• Experience of working in a construction or engineering environment is desirable.
• An Engineering Degree and/or Higher National qualifications
• Chartered Engineer Status or qualifications leading to Chartered Status together with membership of an appropriate professional institution.
• Well-developed knowledge of maintenance techniques and good industry practice.
• Knowledge of safety legislation and operating rules and regulations.
• Knowledge and capability to undertake quality inspections and site investigations.
• Knowledge of risk management principles.
• Understand the framework of the structured environment in which contractors are working.
• Awareness of contractual arrangements that apply.
• Ability to deal with hard issues, working outside their comfort zone, with a completer / finisher mentality;
• Ability to analyse complex data, draw conclusions, produce reports and make recommendations to senior management;
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people at all levels across the organisation and externally;
• Ability to build effective working relationships, with people at all levels across the organisation and externally and to influence;
• Ability to plan, implement and manage projects to deliver to time, budget and quality;
• Ability to manage multidisciplinary teams to deliver effective performance;
• Ability to reach back for support when necessary and communicate efficiently how best they can be assisted;
• Ability to use office-based computer packages, e.g. MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) to basic level
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.