Job title: Product Engineer - Rail ETCS
Location: Birmingham, York or Derby
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 + benefits
Job Reference: JHPEETCS
An outstanding opportunity has arisen to join one of the leading rail signalling organisations and play a vital role within the systems engineering team for electronic train control systems.
The role of a product engineer is essentially a System Engineering role, with the primary goal and objective of producing project / product system and / or sub-system design specifications in accordance with Design and Develop Design processes to ensure that projects are delivered in compliance to relevant railway CENELEC standards. Where necessary the role will contribute to the customisation of the global ETCS product / system / engineering design rules for generic or specific project implementations
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Support the definition, specification, analysis and development of ETCS signalling systems;
* Support ETCS signalling systems integration and test;
* Support the realisation of tenders for local or international projects;
* Support the introduction of new product developments;
* Support the generation of verification evidence for the system design;
* Support the improvement of specifications for the incorporation of new functions / specified requirements;
* Work in collaboration with Safety / Project / Tender / Engineering teams (as required);
* Apply the relevant engineering processes;
* Supporting the ERTMS Platform Manager and ETCS Team, as required;
* Supporting ETCS team members and cross discipline tasks, as required;
* The role is office based but will require travel regularly to other office locations (in the UK and possibly abroad) as well as project/site offices related to their project responsibilities;
* To comply with, undertake and promote all relevant Environment, Health & Safety measures, responsibilities and activities.
* Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or significant demonstrable railway signalling industry experience;
* Systems Engineering knowledge and skills, ideally within the railway signalling domain;
* Self-motivated and ability to be autonomous;
* Excellent communication and inter-personal skills;
* Open-minded, curious, drive to understand and self-learn;
* Rigorous, analytical and systematic approach to work tasks;
* Team player.
To apply please contact Josh Hill at advance or apply
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.