The Procurement Manager will be working within a small team to deliver the procurement activities of a procurement ‘package’, with each package between £10m and £1bn, and will be accountable for significant elements of procurement delivery for each package. The Procurement Manager will work closely with colleagues across the business to prepare and deliver the procurement activities and will align potentially conflicting information requiring significant influencing skills. Similar activities are anticipated being undertaken for Phase 2.
HS2 are looking for a Commercially minded Senior Procurement Manager with strong understanding of driving value. The Senior Procurement Manager will be responsible for managing internal stakeholders such as Commercial, legal, engineering and will be responsible for ensuring ‘buy in’ and correct information in the PQQ and ITT documentation. They will also be responsible for managing the assurance process necessary for the Prequalification and ITT documentation.
The candidate must have for the following:
* Experience drafting PQQ and ITT documentation.
* Experience procuring large value £100m+ complex civils /infrastructure on compliance with the Utilities Contracts Regulations (UCR) with through knowledge of the OJEU process.
* Must have experience using the NEC3 suite of contracts
* Must be very commercially minded capable of driving Value – ensuring that value for money is secured and demonstrated.
* Experience in operating in matrix environment, with influencing and communications skills – able to persuade on the basis of objective argument founded in fact and analysis.
* Sponsor / Stakeholder relationship and management experience, with communication and influencing skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Responsible for delivery elements of the operational procurement for the relevant package(s) and providing support for the delivery of the overall procurement, ensuring that these are aligned with other similar packages.
* Supporting the achievement of governance approval and assurance of all procurement deliverables as defined within the Procurement Handbook. Following approval of the relevant Category Plan, this includes responsibility for developing key components of the necessary Prequalification and ITT documentation to agreed timelines and ensuring that these achieve relevant approvals and assurance to permit release of this documentation.
* Supporting the management the procurement evaluation processes for the relevant package, including independently managing the day-to-day evaluation undertaken by a wide array of colleagues, and ensuring that these achieve relevant approvals and assurance to allow appropriate short-listing and contract award.
* Ensure procurement activities are undertaken in compliance with EU and UK legislation whilst driving a process that will become a benchmark for future projects around the world.
* Provide support to colleagues within the team and in other areas in the use of eSourcing.
* Ensure procurement reporting and management information is provided accurately and on a timely basis to synch with business reporting rhythm and cycles.
* Maintain systems data, ensuring appropriate storage, distribution and compliance
* Advise colleagues on the appropriate procurement approach.
* Present to boards and committees, as required, in order to respond to challenge and scrutiny
The role is initially working from Home, after which the organisation will decide whether it’s safe to move to a mixture of home and office (Birmingham city centre) likely to be 1 -2 days in the office
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.