We are looking for a highly motivated, flexible individual who possesses an aptitude to develop practical mechanical skills. Are you a logical thinker with a passion to solve problems? Could you be our next Plant Technician, ready to join our team, modifying and upgrading road/rail equipment.
Based at Market Harborough (a short walk from the railway station) working over a 4 day week, from 7am to 5pm which will either be Monday to Thursday or Tuesday to Friday. working on road/rail equipment, which will be predominantly the refurbishment of Rail excavators and associated equipment. There is an opportunity for overtime. We offer long term work with a progressive company who have been taken over and are being driven by a new management team.
Your skills and experience:
Ideally you will be joing us from a background where you have applied practical oeprational skills including mechanical and electrical and you should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
* Understand and solve production and equipment related issues
* Have a high level of accountability and ownership for results, not being afraid to tackle challenging tasks
* Have a passion to look for ways to improve equipment reliability and suggest and implement changes which will grow the business
* Be a strong team player who can work collaboratively with teams across the organisation
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Able to clean, operate and maintain equipment
* A willingness to share knowledge and build capability in others
* Have a high regard for Health and Safety
* Candidates should have experience in Plant and Construction industry, machine control and installation and RCI's would be an advantage although training will be given.
* Basic understanding of IT
* NVQ level 2 Plant maintenance (or equivalent)
* Plant based mechanical experience and understanding of machine control parts
* Familiarity with heavy equipment, electrical and hydraulic systems
* Excellent problem solving skills
* Attention to detail
The King Group of Companies has been providing cost effective transport equipment solutions worldwide for more than 55 years and is part of the Martin Group of Companies
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.