Planning Engineer required to work on a major rail infrastructure programme. For this role candidates will have experience of working on major rail enhancement and upgrade schemes from development through to delivery stage. You will have a proactive, collaborative and knowledge sharing approach to your work.
• Overseeing quality control throughout the project cycle
• A pro-active and solution focused approach
• To abstract and provide source data information using existing software systems, including Primavera to prepare and provide resource and cost information for the business.
• Responsible for producing project plans from conception to completion and advise project teams accordingly
• Interface and provide the required information to the project teams to enable Project Management reporting to be carried out including cost planning
• Proactively enhance the planning systems within the business. Identify and share best practice
• Identify programme issues that need to be addressed with the client to ensure their satisfaction
• Establish clear communications and work effectively with members of the team
• Responsible for in cost and resource planning
• Identify potential mitigation to schedule delays and gain endorsement from the project management team.
• Build effective working relationships with Project Lead and wider project team, and with peers and colleagues on the programme. Willing to foster knowledge sharing, learning and development, collaboration across projects and sectors
• Provide periodic reports, lookaheads and resource forecasts to help control the project and enable informed decisions to be made.
• Participate/manage reporting of/coordinate time-phased budget requirements in line with Alliance Earned Value processes
• Defining products / specific deliverables to be delivered by the project
• Planning, executing and finalising projects according to agreed deadlines and within budget
• Maintaining regular liaison with all stakeholders and employees on the progress of projects
• Maintaining risk, issues and decisions logs and all other required project documentation
• Managing requests for change
• Preparing weekly / monthly status, checkpoint and decision reports for meetings with the Head of Performance Management and relevant project stakeholders
• Taking appropriate action in order to ensure that the project / programme is able to deliver to the required quality, on time and to budget
For this role candidates will have experience of working on major rail enhancement and upgrade schemes from development through to delivery stage. You will have a proactive, collaborative and knowledge sharing approach to your work.
To apply is easy, email Oli on (url removed) or just apply online
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.