Maintenance Technician - Rail / Tram
Location: Wednesbury, West Midlands
Salary: £29,795 per annum
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 24/7 Shift Roster
It is an inspiring time to join our client as they deliver a £1.3 billion investment plan set to significantly expand the tram network. The expansion programme is set to transform them from a single line to a network that is three times larger, with over 80 stops serving more than 20 transport interchanges and linking Wolverhampton, Birmingham, Dudley, Brierley Hill, Digbeth, North Solihull, Birmingham Airport, the NEC and HS2. They also have plans to double the size of the existing tram fleet.
Our client is currently expanding the engineering department and are recruiting for several Maintenance Technicians to join the Rolling Stock team to support their mission of providing a safe and reliable tram service. You will work as part of a team on a 24/7 shift roster.
The Maintenance Technicians provide a safe, effective, efficient and professional tram maintenance, repair and overhaul service. You will actively participate in continuous improvement activities for maintenance processes and procedures that support all depot and fleet activities.
Key responsibilities include:
* the maintenance, repair, overhaul and modification of trams
* ensuring compliance with company and industry safety procedures
* preventative and corrective maintenance on the trams, actively participating in ongoing continuous improvement activities
* recording all work activity and supporting the testing, commissioning and acceptance of new trams
* supporting the Rolling Stock Maintenance Management Team in the delivery of the production plan
* You will also be required to undertake role specific training and competency assessments to achieve both company and national qualifications.
What you’ll need:
* an appropriate time served apprenticeship or hold relevant qualifications in electrical / mechanical engineering
* preventative and corrective maintenance experience
* experience of finding and diagnosing faults in complex mechanical, electrical, electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
* experience in the use of computer based diagnostic equipment and rolling stock / heavy vehicle maintenance would be advantageous
* experience in a rail maintenance environment and working with safety critical equipment would be advantageous
* high level of attention to detail, with excellent interpersonal skills and experience of working as part of a team in a similar industry is essential
What our client offers in return:
* competitive salary
* 25 days holiday and bank holidays
* free travel on local trams and buses for you and your partner
* contributory pension scheme
* discounted gym membership.
* employee assistance programme
If you are looking to start the new year with a new role, our client would love to hear from you!
Closing Date for the position is 21st March
Interviews will be held on week commencing from 29th March 2021
#jobs #recruiting #engineeringmaintenance #corrective #preventative #rollingstock #rail #tram #247 #wednesbury #westmidland
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.