Maintenance Team Leader - Rail / Rolling Stock
Location: Wednesbury, West Midlands
Salary: £38,500 per annum
Full Time, Permanent - Shifts
It is an inspiring time for our client as the Combined Authority delivers a £1.3 billion investment plan set to significantly expand the tram network, bringing even greater connectivity to people, places and business.
Our client now has a new and exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Team Leader to join their team in Wednesbury to support the organisation in providing a safe and dependable tram service.
The purpose of this role is to lead the Maintenance Technicians to deliver a safe, effective, efficient and professional tram maintenance, repair and overhaul service for our client’s rolling stock assets.
* Providing great customer service through leading your team to deliver safe and reliable trams for service every day
* Support rolling stock maintenance management in the delivery of the production plan
* Performing maintenance, corrective maintenance and repair activities on the trams, working on systems incorporating mechanical, electrical, electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
* Plan, coordinate, prepare and distribute maintenance tasks efficiently to the team in accordance with the maintenance plan.
* Lead, motivate, coach and develop the team to achieve their objectives and continuously improve.
* Be a role model – be closely involved in shop floor activities, managing and motivating your team to deliver the work right first time.
* Maintain a culture of continuous improvement to enhance the working environment and performance in the workshop.
Please see the full list of responsibilities on the Job Description attached.
What you’ll need:
* Mechanical or electrical engineering based NVQ level 3 qualification or higher, or time served apprenticeship in mechanical and electrical disciplines.
* Experience of leading others and ability to directly manage a team of maintenance technicians.
* Experience in undertaking preventative and corrective maintenance on high value safety critical equipment.
* Outstanding safety awareness gained through working in a safety critical operations and maintenance environment.
* Knowledge of and compliance with relevant Railway, Light Rail, GB and EN rules and regulations.
* To have a good, positive, hardworking attitude.
* To be reliable, punctual and trustworthy
* A Health and safety qualification such as NEBOSH or IOSH would be advantageous.
What our client offers in return?
* Competitive Salary.
* 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
* Free travel on local trams and buses for you and your partner
* Contributory Pension Scheme.
* Life Insurance
* Discounted Gym Membership.
* 24/7 365 Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
* Company Uniform
Are you interested? If so we’d love to hear from you!
Closing date: 31/05/2021
Interviews From 07/06/2021
#jobs #NowHiring #MaintenanceTeamLeader #electricalengineering #mechancialengineering #NEBOSH #IOSH #safetycritical #rollingstock #rail #Wednesbury #WestMidlands
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.