NCS currently require a Lead Rail Surveyor for a permanent opportunity we have in North London.
Purpose of the Role
* To carry out topographical and railway surveys
* To carry out surveys to the requirements of the survey specifications in contracts or to the requirements of Designers
* To lead a team of one or more Surveyors in carrying out surveying activities
* To accurately and reliably produce survey data to present to clients or Designers
* Profitability – Provide cost effective support to the Engineering department by conducting surveys in the most efficient and timely manner.
* Quality – Provide accurate survey results conforming to best practice and industry standards.
* Respect – Treat people in a fair and consistent way. Consistently strive to understand client’s needs and requirement.
* Carry out surveys as directed by the Survey Operations Manager
* Be able to determine the most appropriate professional manner for the planning and execution of surveys
* Diligently complete land, overhead line, railway and gauging surveys
* Establish calibration and maintenance regimes for all survey equipment
* Establish survey monitoring regimes
* Carry out setting out activity in accordance with design drawings and scheme plans
* Manage a team of one or more Surveyors
* Lead and coach Surveyors in all site surveys
* Produce survey data accurately and rapidly
* Where the Lead Surveyor is a COSS/SWL. Act as ‘Person In Charge’ on behalf of the client, liaising with the planning team to ensure compliance with the NR/L2/OHS/019 ‘Safety of people at work on or near the line’
* Responsible for supporting the planning and management of work including site and task based risks and mitigation
You must be familiar with LiDAR and it would be ideal if you have knowlegde of Terramodel / LSS / Liscad / SCC / N4CE / Trimble Business Software / Leica GEO Office / AutoCAD / Microstation / Bentley Railtrack and/or MX Rail.
Please submit your CV through this advert so that we can put you forward to our client for this permanent role. Thank you
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.