Lead Project Planner - Rail Signalling
A global leader in the world of rail infrastructure and sets the benchmark for innovative and environmentally friendly technologies, employing approximately 2,000 people at over 20 different locations in the UK & Ireland. A major supplier & maintainer of tramways, main line trains, metro cars, electrical renovation & signalling systems and responsible for delivering application projects and introducing products across the UK rail industry.
Currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity to join our team based in Bristol, delivering signalling works on the railway infrastructure across South West England. We have secured projects to deliver signalling upgrades and implement European Train Control System (ETCS) and beyond to help improve reliability and increase capacity.
As the Lead Project Planner you will play a key role supporting both the Controls & Planning Manager and the Project Manager(s) in the co-ordinating of programmes and resources to deliver planned works within budget, safely and within set timescales.
As a Lead Project Planner we need someone who can:
• Manage the preparation and maintenance of integrated project programmes, to meet project deliverables.
• Interact and communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of the delivery team and client.
• Monitor the programmes to accurately reflect progress, identify earned value and resource data.
• Identify critical paths and ensure action plans are developed to maximise project quality, cost and delivery objectives.
• Provide regular reports and feedback to management on project progress and critical issues.
• Provide accurate data to enable Work Package Managers to manage costs and achieve project margins.
• Conduct regular project co-ordination meetings with specific reference to engineering, sourcing, quality, cost and delivery
The successful candidate must have the following skills, qualifications & experience:
• Extensive experience in a project planning role, including resource and cost-loading, using Primavera P6.
• Experience of working on complex Signalling or Railway Systems based projects.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the Railway design, installation and testing process.
• Understanding and experience of Earned Value Management.
• Good interpersonal & communication skills.
• Capable of working under pressure and to deadlines.
• Demonstrable people management skills and experience.
It is also desirable for candidates to hold or be working towards a recognised professional qualification in planning management.
For immediate Consideration for this role, please apply or contact me directly on (phone number removed) or email
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.