JOB TITLE : HSEQ Adviser
My client, a leading Rail Subcontractor, is seeking a HSEQ Advisor with experience in the Rail industry to join their team.
*2+ years of rail experience in a Health and Safety role is essential*
* On site safety representative for the Company (Network Rail, London Underground, Light Rail infrastructures and associated Construction Sites).
* Regular liaison and information reporting to the HSE Manager or deputy.
* Undertake regular employee and subcontractor briefings/inductions as determined by the HSE Manager or deputy.
* Travelling throughout the UK to sites where works are being undertaken or where our deployed resources are based.
* Attend client health and safety meetings/forums as and when required.
* Assist in monthly safety meetings (management and employee consultation).
* Assist in the maintenance and development of the Company Management Systems (QMS, SMS, EMS) and associated processes.
* Drive QSE initiatives throughout the company resource base.
1. Qualified to NEBOSH Construction Certificate level /NVQ level 3 Occupational Health and Safety in Practice or working towards.
2. Experience in rail construction projects - Sentinel Card holder /Personal Track Safety / LUCAS/LU ICI card holder as minimum.
3. Train the trainer City & Guilds (i.e. 7300) qualified or working towards
4. Qualified or working towards Environmental Awareness Qualification – IEMA/ CEIH /CIWM
5. Driving Licence - Full, no endorsements.
1. 3-5 years’ experience working in a health and safety role within a railway environment in both Network Rail (AC, DC & non electrified areas) and London Underground controlled infrastructures.
2. Good working knowledge of Network Rail and London Underground Standards and procedures.
1. IOSH – Technician Status minimum or IIRSM – Associate Status minimum
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
1. The daily liaison and regular reporting of Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental related issues to the HSE Manager or deputy.
2. Assisting in the management of the QSE library.
3. Provide support for QSE related issues and improvements.
4. Undertake planned safety audits of all sites where works are being undertaken or where our deployed resources are based.
5. Maintaining good communications throughout the organisation.
6. Provide internal QSE training in accordance with planned requirements.
7. Provide additional support to projects as required.
8. Support behavioural safety initiative
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.