H&S Rail RISQS Auditor
Capita has a new job vacancy for a Health and Safety Auditor with a rail background. As an Auditor you are responsible for undertaking audits on suppliers registering on the Rail Industry Supplier Qualification System (RISQS). You must be a competent person who is able to plan, execute and prepare reports across a range of RISQS audits covering supplier services. Your audits will assist in deciding if a supplier is deemed fit for purpose according to the Health & Safety requirements set by/for the industry or Infrastructure Management Organisation.
You will report directly to the RISQS Project Director and are required to be independent of auditees and to take a systematic approach. You will follow a documented approach in obtaining evidence and making an objective evaluation to determine whether specified criteria are fulfilled.
We will offer you the chance to develop your career as a Health & Safety professional with recognised training provided and an established support network to assist you as you settle into the role. You will predominantly work independently driving to different locations and working with contractors and suppliers to the rail industry.
Your Key Tasks & Responsibilities
* Schedule work diary and agree available audit dates using an online system
* Arrange travel and accommodation when required using a designated travel planning system
* Following an audit protocol including confirming arrangements to audit suppliers
* Audit against a set criteria and make justifiable judgments on the evidence provided
* Use mobile data collection device to record evidence and upload to system
* Provide audit opening statements, feedback, commentary and close out statements to the supplier being audited as required
* Provide timely reports within an internet based system
* NEBOSH General Certificate (or equivalent)
* Relevant rail industry/rail sector experience relating to H&S, management or report writing
* IRCA Accredited Lead Auditor ISO9001 course or equivalent (We are open to provide training for this qualification)
Desirable Qualifications & Working Knowledge:
* UK rail system
* Health and Safety regulations and legal requirements
* The management of Health and Safety
* Health and Safety systems OHSAS18001, ISO14001, ISO9001, SA8000 or equivalent
* CDM 2015
* Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team or in isolation
* Ability to manage, and prioritise own workload
* Strong attention to detail
* Excellent IT skills
* Willing to travel – National coverage but focused in regions
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
* The ability to work within BS11000 and exhibit behaviours required to establish collaborative relationships.
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration with colleagues, customers and clients is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you generous holiday, matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You’ll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential – whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply you can contact Sophie Cripps at for guidance.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.