Get your career on track with the McGinley Rail Apprenticeship
Training Location: London, Enfield
Work placement Location: London and South East
Start date: January 2021
As part of our Apprenticeship Programme, we are looking for 10 new apprentices to join our team. Training will be held at Enfield College and on-site shifts will be based in and around London and the South East.
If you are looking to start a career in the rail industry and have a keen interest in engineering, then this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Why join McGinley Support Services?
As one of the UK's largest labour providers, our bespoke apprenticeship has been specifically designed to ensure learners are multi-disciplined in railway track work and London Underground (LU) duties. This allows successful applicants to gain a wide variety of skills, knowledge and workplace opportunities, resulting in a more diverse and broader career progression route. We have and continue to secure long-term contracts that guarantee a future into a growing sector, supported by a professional, expanding team.
* Gain and develop new skills with on-the-job training
* Earn while you learn
* Be part of an ever-growing industry with excellent career prospects
* Secure employment
* Obtain a practical qualification
* Work towards a nationally-recognised qualification
What will the apprenticeship cover?
Our 13 month Rail Engineering Operative Apprenticeship has been designed so you will become multi-disciplined in P-Way track work, gaining a wider variety of skills and knowledge, resulting in a more diverse and broader career progression route.
Over the 13 months, you will take part in classroom-based learning onsite learning & assessments.
What qualifications will I achieve?
* Level 2 Certificate as a Rail Engineering
* Level 2 in Maths and English
* As well as specific rail training PTS, AC, DCCR, ICI, Track Induction, OLEC 1, LU ICI, LU Basic Track Awareness and a large variety of small tools and plant
You will be contracted to a minimum of 30 hours per week. An average week will be 40-50 hours, which includes on and off the job training activity and duties. The working week will be various shifts which include midweek days, nights and weekends.
* Practically minded and have an interest in railway engineering
* Demonstrate a basic ability with Maths and English
* A desire to work varied shift patterns outdoors in all weathers (nights, weekends and bank holidays)
* Committed to a minimum of 13 months programme
* You should have good communication and be able to work well as part of a team
* A good attitude towards learning and a self-disciplined, self-motivated, proactive approach
* Able to communicate effectively with colleagues and peers at all levels
* Have an understanding of the importance to follow instructions, policies and procedures in a safety-critical environment
* Due to current travel restrictions we are actively looking for applicants with a UK driving licence and own vehicle however we sill still consider applicants without transport
To be eligible you must be 18+, be able to demonstrate a basic ability with Maths and English and be passionate about the industry.
How do I apply?
Applications are now open for apprenticeships in London and the South East.
Our apprenticeship has proved to be extremely popular, if you are interested please get your applications in as soon as possible.
All you need to do is send your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability to our apprenticeships team via (url removed)
McGinley Support Services (Infrastructure) Ltd is committed to equal opportunities and actively seeks applications from all sectors of the community. We particularly encourage applications from women, those with a disability (that is permissible to a safety-critical environment) and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are underrepresented throughout the infrastructure and rail industries
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.