We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Business in a senior leadership role in the capacity of General Manager System Safety Assurance. The role will sit in our Major Projects Division and will be based in our North Ryde Office, Sydney AUSTRALIA.
The General Manager System Safety Assurance has the responsibility to ensure the overall system of interest has been assured and is safe to operate. This will require application of robust safety engineering processes that generate the necessary compliance evidence to demonstrate compliance with all Rail Safety legislation, System Safety Plan & Systems Engineering Management Plan. The role requires regular reporting of management of system safety activities, closeout of safety issues on the project, participation and completion of audits and continuous improvement for related business systems. This position will ensure that safety assurance functions across multiple projects and bids.
This position will manage several safety professionals and senior engineers to assist with the facilitation and management of the System Safety assurance activities to ensure compliance with legislative and contractual requirements, whilst complying with and abiding by the Downer BMS and AEO requirements and procedures.
- Tertiary qualifications in a technical field (engineering, safety assurance, etc.).
- Experience in working with safety assurance and systems engineering methodologies
- 10 years’ experience holding a systems or safety assurance position in Rail or Transport related industries
- Experience managing Product Safety Assurance
- Experience preparing Transport Safety Cases (been through Train Acceptance Process and sign off)
- Formal training in Safety Risk Management methodologies and practices
- Training in Health, Safety and Environment Management, or closely related field
- Strong systems engineering approach and logical problem-solving mindset
- Audit and compliance reviews and corrective action management plans
- Ability to conduct independent analysis, verification and validation for system assurance
- Change management/ business continuity risk review
- Construction/Engineering Rail risk mitigation
- Demonstrated knowledge or experience in complying to standards and risk management principles
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Health, Safety and Environment legislations including Rail Safety Act
- Experience of CENELEC Standards, EN50126, EN50128 and EN50129 and iESM, CSM or equivalent
- Auditor and investigator qualifications or training preferred - Experience managing Investigations and Incidents
WHAT WE OFFER
- Highly supportive, team orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- An opportunity to make an impact with a growing and forward-thinking company
- Full time permanent position with an excellent remuneration package on offer
- Sydney – North Ryde location close to metro station
The ideal candidate for this role has held a similar role to the description above and has had hands on exposure to ensuring Train Product System safety - This includes all aspects of Train operating systems, parts, products etc. The successful candidate will have had experience managing Projects from $500mil up to $3bil for example and have been through a Train acceptance process. (We are not looking for a OHS safety professional)
If you are looking for your next leadership role where you can make a difference and contribute to the organisations success, please APPLY NOW via the online application to be considered for this role. For further enquires please email [email protected]
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.
Your data is used to notify the employer of your interest and they may contact you about the vacancy. We will not use your data for any other purpose. Your details will be deleted from our database seven days after the vacancy closing date.