A well-established company based in the Northamptonshire area are looking for a Field Service Engineer to join their team.
This role will suit candidates with a core Mechanical and basic Electrical Engineering skill set and the flexibility to work primarily over weekends and bank holidays (Days and Nights)
The Field Service Engineer role:
- The Service Engineer will travel to customer sites and liaise with on site contacts
- Complete pre and post delivery machinery inspections to ensure statutory and regulatory standards are met prior to use.
- Stay with machinery during operation to monitor and repair any issues as they arise and minimise impact on customer use.
- Maintenance of hydraulic systems, Mechanical mechanisms, diesel engines and basic low voltage electrical circuits.
- Representing the company with the customer the Service Engineer will be presentable, an excellent communicator and flexible to meet customer needs.
- Where your core hours (40 per week) are not met through travelling to site and completing weekend works, you will attend the Northampton site to complete work within the workshop. (Pre shipment inspections, repair work and documentation)
The Successful Field Service Technician Candidate:
- The Service Engineer will come with Rail Maintenance Machinery experience and have proven the ability to work exposed to the elements, summer and winter alike.
- The ideal Service Engineer will be mechanically biased with some electrical skills, knowledge and experience.
- The successful Service Engineer will be flexible with travelling around the UK and happy to
- The ideal Engineer will have experience in hydraulics maintenance
- Confident of completing documentation to support inspection activities
40 hours per week (travel included)
20 days Holiday + Bank Holidays
If you are interested in this Service Engineer position, please apply immediately via the job board to be considered
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.