About the Client:
Our Client based in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire are on a mission for sustainable mobility. They have a family feel, yet an international footprint and customers across the globe. They have a long history and strong reputation in Rail, Aerospace, Defence and Formula One.
They’re now looking for an experienced, temporary Rail Design Engineer to support their successful team throughout this busy period.
The purpose of this Contract is to design and manufacture a new cab door for a rail vehicle, from concept to delivery.
* 3D modelling and detailing of cab doors for trains
* Responsible for the design of the door from concept, through CAD models, to manufacturing drawings
* Aluminium/sheet metal fabrication
* Sourcing Suppliers for the manufacture of components
* Helping to produce assembly procedures and work instructions
* Testing and commissioning the lock/latch assembly
The Successful Candidate will have the following skills and experience:
* Proficient in SolidWorks
* Project Management experience
* Experience in the rail industry/rail vehicles
* Experience in the design of locks & latches, including; slam latches, solenoid locking facilities, internal & external handles.
* Electrical background would be advantageous
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to work from our office in March, Cambridgeshire
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.