Contract dates: 30/06/21 – 30/06/22
IR35 Determination: Outside
We are recruiting for an Estimator to join our Proposal & Tendering team to support our Communication and Information Systems business. This role reports to Head Quarters in Ashby, however location is flexible for the right candidate.
We are looking for a dynamic and very numerate candidate who is customer centric, has a high level of commercial acumen, an understanding of the Tendering process and ideally with technical knowledge of Rail Telecoms.
What are my responsibilities?
Reporting into the Senior Bid Manager the individual will work closely with Bid Managers and the core bid team and develop cost models/ tools to support the pricing & estimating of sales opportunities.
They will be also be expected to work closely with all other disciplines throughout the company to ensure that high quality consistent Telecoms/ SCADA estimates are produced.
The job includes the collation and consolidation of estimates for multidisciplinary projects, and liaising with subject matter experts from across the business to obtain estimates, ultimately in order to provide customers with project pricing.
* Take ownership of MS Excel pricing templates and ensure that they are kept up to date and improvements/modifications are carried out in a controlled manner
* Assist Bid Managers with day to day development of excel spreadsheet-based cost models/ estimating tools
* Under the management of a Bid Manager/ Project Technical Manager obtain inputs from subject matter experts for inclusion in cost model
* Collate resource/ materials/ 3rd party estimates and add commercial elements including escalation, risk and margin
* Produce / populate customer specific pricing documentation
* Attend Bid meetings both internal and client based
* Work with colleagues in (Signalling) to further develop and update the estimating tool which captures standardised costs
* Creation of reports for presentation / reviews/ governance as required
* Attend relevant training courses to expand knowledge in railway technology/ estimating as required
* Analyse current and historical data to bench mark costs and competitiveness
* Strong computing skills especially with regards to MSExcel
* Very high level of Financial and Commercially acumen
* Must be flexible and able to work under own initiative
* May be occasionally expected to work irregular hours depending on the requirements for each bid
* Travel may be required between company offices
* Comfortable with operating to short deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy
* Excellent communication skills both internally and externally
* Previous knowledge of estimating in an Engineering Project Environment
* 2 years’ experience within a project related engineering environment
* A degree or HND in an Engineering or Business-Related discipline
* Experience of tendering and/or project work within the Rail Sector will be a distinct advantage
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.