Job title: Duty Service Delivery Manager – Rail Operations
Job location: Derby
Salary: £50,000 per annum plus excellent benefits
My client is seeking a strong manager to assist in the delivery of a safe rail network and rail services for its customers.
The Duty Service Delivery Manager (DSDM) is the shift leader of the multi-functional Control team, overseeing the operation of a busy rail network. The DSDM motivates, directs and leads the multi-functional Control shift team with specific responsibilities for people management and engagement.
The DSDM strategically leads the real time delivery of the business by dynamically risk assessing and mitigating safety, customer experience, operational and commercial risks through the delivery and deployment of tactical plans and assumption of the role of incident commander.
Working in partnership with the command structure and stakeholders the DSDM ensures that strategic and tactical plans, that meet the needs of our business, the railway and our customers, are delivered and implemented.
Reporting into the Operations function the DSDM shall have additional management objectives aligned to Customer Experience, Operations & Fleet supported through one-to-ones with these functional leaders.
• Assess incidents and current service delivery to identify safety, customer experience, operational and commercial risk to the business.
• Set and lead the overall strategy and deployment of tactical plans to mitigate identified risks to deliver a safe operation, using resources effectively, protecting the customers’ experience and commercial interests of the business.
• Uphold and lead the multi-functional Control teams’ application of all standards and procedures including the Professional Controllers’ Handbook.
• Represent the interests of the business and influence decisions in communications with Network Rail, other Train Operators and Agencies.
• Lead face-to-face communication briefings or teleconferences with Controllers and the command structure to ensure the strategy and tactical plans for incidents is understood.
• Provide senior leaders and industry stakeholders with a constant focal point for service delivery statuses and the strategic incident plan through professional communication messages, teleconferences and direct contact.
• Lead the multi-functional shift team through motivation, delegation, empowerment and the engagement of all Controllers.
• Specifically apply people management processes consistently to Controllers within the Operations function or within another function as required.
• Uphold the integrity of sensitive operational, commercial and security information or documentation.
• To contribute to the development of the Control function, related procedures, standards and development of team members and self.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Proven leader who can devise and deliver strategic and tactical plans to mitigate real time delivery business risks.
• Extensive experience of people management to motivate, direct and engage with people at all levels.
• The ability to lead continuous improvement through motivation and learning.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Demonstrated successful experience of report writing and presenting.
• Proven successful experience of delivering objectives and working to tight timescales.
• Strong business commercial acumen of commercial, budgets and financial impact of both operational and customer experience decisions.
• Proven experience of successful project management.
• Analytical and numerate with contract management and financial management experience
• Demonstrated experience of negotiating and influencing
• Experienced Stakeholder management skills
• Ability to work 24hr / 7 days per week shift pattern.
Phone: (Apply online only)
Please note due to the volume of applications, we can only commit to contact those candidates we deem suitable for the position. However, we may retain your details and contact you in the future should suitable positions arise.
Please note the above job specification could be subject to change as agreed with our client
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.