DESIGN MANAGER – CIVIL/ RAIL
LOCATION: London, UK
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Engineering Design Manager to work on a major rail construction project. Previous experience in large scale civils / groundworks / rail projects is essential.
Candidates with both main contractor field experience in addition to technical design are highly encouraged to apply.
Reporting to the Lead Technical Engineering Manager
Collation and distribution of incoming main design drawings, specifications and schedules.
• Keep the team drawings files up to date and notify Senior Design Manager, Section Managers when drawings arrive.
• Distribute to the relevant subcontractors at the direction of the Senior Design Manager/Commercial Manager.
• Collate and issue out drawing lists/specifications/schedules where required.
• Track and follow up outstanding Site technical Queries (STQ’s) from main designers in a timely fashion.
Collation and coordination of incoming subcontractor designs.
• Process sub-contractor design review submittals (SDR’S).
• Monitor and record incoming SDR information against sub-contractor’s programme.
• Keep files and tracker log up to date for SDR submittals.
• Review the sub-contractor designs to ensure it meets the performance criteria set by the base information, which completes the design as set out within the sub-contractors design package scope.
• Ensure interfacing designs delivered as part of separate packages are well coordinated and cover the full scope of contractor design works, by following the Sub-contractor Technical Interface Review, (STIR) process.
• Distribute sub-contractor designs to the main designer for review and comment, ensuring the review is completed within required timescales and through the most efficient means.
• Return reviewed sub-contractors design in good time.
Updating design issues and tracker log.
• Keep Design Tracker Log up to date on a weekly basis.
• Keep Pre Con tracker up to date on a weekly basis.
• Keep Design Contents Register up to date on a weekly basis.
Update log and track STQ’s raised by subcontractors.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Degree in Engineering or relevant HNC/HND equivalent
• Experience as Civils Design Manager
• Experience working on large scale civils / rail construction projects as a Design Manager
• High degree of technical design knowledge
• Excellent written and verbal communication
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.