Net-temps are delighted to be working in partnership with a turnkey project client - assisting with the procurement of a team of Depot Shunters to join their team in Cambridge on a contractual basis.
The role :
* Responsible for safely controlling the movements of all Bi-Modes' arriving and departing the depot (including internal moves).
* Maintaining effective communication with; depot staff, departmental heads, Network Rail signaler, Train Drivers.
* Ensuring staff adhere to the depot SMOW and all other relevant policies and procedures whilst onsite.
* Ensuring all areas used by the project are maintained / kept to a high standard and do not affect other depot projects.
* Cover absence on the opposite shift (day & night) to ensure 24/7 cover is maintained.
* Safe movement of customer materials; onto and around the depot.
* In the absence of the Team Leader you will be responsible for;
* The control and management of all contractors on the depot.
* Inductions of all staff involved in the project
* Support the Depot Manager / Service Delivery Leader / Team leader in other areas of the business when required.
Key Duties :
Carry out work as allocated by the Team Leader within set timescales and to the recognised standards
Ensure that safety procedures and documents are adhered to in accordance with VMI & local instruction
Ensure that work sheets are signed off promptly and correctly on completion of work
Ensure that the appropriate Quality and Environmental procedures and work instructions are adhered to
Attend technical, quality, safety and general briefings ensuring that the necessary action is taken on items raised
Undertake Safety Critical Work Regulations assessments under the guidance of the Team Leader, taking remedial action where necessary
Carry out any duties within level of competence, as requested by the Depot Manager / Service Delivery Leader / Team Leader
Maintain good housekeeping and standard of cleanliness throughout depot at all times
Use of all PPE in accordance with standards and local instructions
Assist as directed by Team Leader to ensure rolling stock availability / reliability targets are met
Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
Desired Qualifications / Experience
Evidence of previous DP / Shunter competence
FLT Operator / Familiarity
Understanding of Depot Operations
Previous experience in the control and movement of rail vehicles into / off and around a depot as a Depot Shunter / DP.
Understanding of applicable health, safety and environmental standards and requirements
Experienced and confidence in communicating via 2 way radio
The following training will be provided :
* Fire safety training
* Fire marshalling
* Fork Lift Truck Operator
* Basic first aid
* Defibrillator training
* COSHH Awareness
* Safety in the workplace
* PTS (Sponsored)
* Designated Person
* Depot safety
* Accident / incident reporting
* Electricity awareness
* Working at heights
* PPE awareness and usage
Net Temps is advertising this vacancy in its capacity as an Employment Business.
Net Temps supplies both temporary and permanent labour to the Rail, Construction, Engineering and Allied industries throughout the UK.
Follow us on twitter at @Net_Temps
Net temps are an equal opporunity employer
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.