We are a growing company and as such require a Construction Manager with experience on rail civils and buildings projects for our team in London covering projects around Kent & Sussex but also offering nationwide coverage.
The role ideally will be a PAYE position, but we can consider a contractor for 6 months due to the quick turnaround nature of the works.
The position is to work on out rail civils projects around the South East and requires a knowledge of Construction management in a rail environment, a knowledge of programme management and site management, GRIP stages for Network Rail and managing the link between site teams and Project Managers.
To lead on project delivery and site management, ensuring safe delivery of the project to time, cost and quality requirements.
Project management and delivery
* Ensure all staff are inducted onto sites and projects
* Ensure adequate supervision is being provided for all works
* Brief supervisors and operatives on Task Briefing Sheets and SSOW
* Ensure that all works are completed in line with specification / drawings, with relevant ITPs and check sheets being completed for each activity
* Raise internal requisitions in line with company procedures
* Check Weekly Plant records, ensuring unnecessary plant is off-hired
Health & Safety, Quality, Environment
* Take responsibility for compliance with all relevant IMS and project specific plans.
* Complete site documentation including site inductions, daily attendance registers, dilapidation surveys, daily diaries, inspection checklists (fuel bowser, first aid and fire extinguisher), risk assessments, permits and take 5 observation forms
* Ensure completion of key project Environmental documentation including Vegetation Clearance Records, Pollution Prevention and Control Assessments, Controlled Waste Transfer notes, Hazardous Waste Removal Records
* Ensure site records are maintained as per IMS requirements (including inductions, site registers, COSHH records, completed ITP's, SMARTwaste figures)
* Write TBS and WPP when required
* Complete Safe Work Pack and Open Line Working applications when required
* Ensure HAV assessments are being conducted and monitored, with results sent to HSQE Team
* Complete Access Point Locations Registers when required
* Apply for HV Assessments when required
* Ensure ITP's are completed in accordance with the Quality Plan
* Brief out HSQE Toolbox Talks as relevant, ensuring briefing forms are signed
* Submit HSQE KPI's to HSQE Team
* Review monthly budget to build with Project Manager and reconcile against current resource and material levels
Competences and experience
* Experienced Construction Manager in a rail contractor
* Experience of rail civils and buildings projects
* SMSTS/IOSH managing safely course
* Valid PTS
* CSCS card
* Temporary works supervisor
* First aid
Please get in touch to learn more about this opportunity
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.