1. Purpose of the Job
To support the Project Commercial Manager to deliver the commercial management of the project including but not limited to, monitoring of procurement, cost, finance, risk management, compliance with contractual terms, cost verification, project staffing registers / forecasts and the timely resolution of contract change.
2. Principal Accountabilities
• Be aware of the Corporate Governance policies and procedures and ensure they are adhered to.
• Undertake commercial management activities principally in the areas of cost management, risk and contract administration.
• Implement the Project Control systems including cost, and risk in accordance with project procedures.
• Identify opportunities for cost reduction
• Implementing appropriate mechanisms and procedures to monitor compliance with contract terms and conditions and to check the timely resolution of contract change.
• Produce reports and contribute to reviews and analysis of the cost and risk position.
• Providing project specific cost, schedule and risk data to the Project Commercial Manager to support the overall programme reporting of schedule, scope, risk and change.
• Implement the trend process for the control of project change.
• Draft IA papers as directed by the Project Commercial Manager.
• Undertaking specific tasks as requested by the Project Commercial Manager.
• Deputise for the Project Commercial Manager as required.
3. Main Challenges of the Job
• Maintaining constructive relationships with colleagues and contractors, in a fast moving, dynamic and demanding environment.
• Maintaining commercial integrity and professional standards during the completion and closure of the Contracts.
• Delivering quality work to tight deadlines.
4. Dimensions & Interfaces (Internal and External)
Key working relationships:
• Reports to the Project Commercial Manager
• Is accountable to the Project Manager.
• Works with Finance and Project Controls functions to provide data as required.
• Interfaces with the Contractor’s commercial and delivery teams.
5. Person Specification
• Degree in Engineering, Business, Quantity Surveying, Law, or Construction Management, or equivalent experience.
• Knowledge of quantity surveying, home office and site procedures and documents relating to a large scale, multi-discipline construction project.
• Working knowledge of engineering/construction industry contracting practices.
• Some experience of dealing with large civil works and / or M&E packages as needed
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.