Purpose: Responsibility for managing and coordinating civil engineering works on a project to deliver the works safely, on time and to budget.
What are my responsibilities and key accountabilities?
Responsible for the delivery management of all Civils work packages within a regional office. A manager who can oversee managing a portfolio of works controlling the sub-contractors/self-delivery and has experience of design and self-delivery management. Ultimate responsibility for Civil Engineering works for the region having line management responsibility for all civils staff within the region. A manager who will work with the Senior Project Management team/ Regional Construction manager ensuring that the right strategy is engaged to deliver the works. Will be responsible for standardization of delivery and ensuring that we continuously improve/innovate to meet the clients aspirations.
* Responsible for all Site Safety for designated civil engineering package of works.
* Develop a scope of works/agree strategy for delivery for the project within the region.
* Will work with the Senior Project Engineer for the region to ensure the design is robust, buildable and cost effective.
* Will support the Project teams/Bid Managers to build up robust estimates/Scopes for the incoming tenders.
* Work with project team to recommend suitable mechanism for delivery (e.g. Sub-contractor or self-delivery) and manage this delivery.
* Will be the lead Civil Engineering manager for the region acting as Line manager for all the Package managers within the region.
* Ensure that key interfaces are planned, integrated and maintained across all disciplines.
* Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external customers, including the Senior Project Management team, RCM, Engineering Managers, Tester in Charge, external client and 3rd party contractors.
* Will work with key stakeholders to ensure forecast, programme, budget, quality, safety and engineering processes are in place
* Support the wider Civils team in identifying Continuous Improvement opportunities, management of changes and implementation on projects.
* Ensure all reporting requirements are met in a timely and accurate manner.
* Provide delivery expertise and mentoring to the package managers & Site Engineering team.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
* Construction background with strong character
* Relevant CSCS management competence
* Applicable Civil engineering experience (Railway preferable)
* IOSH or CITB site management training or equivalent
* Commercially astute and ability to manage project budgets and manage change
* Excellent communication skills at all levels of department and other disciplines also customer and suppliers
* Must be willing to travel and lodge away from home depot to meet the operational needs of the business
Membership of the relevant institutions (MICE) - desirable
HNC or degree
Essential Leadership Competencies
Drives for results
Fosters open communication
Displays Organisational Awareness
Acts with integrity
Exhibits self-awareness and ability to develop oneself
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.