BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – RAIL INFRASTRUCTURE SPECIFICATION SALES
“Fantastic career development opportunity for rail sales/technical sales engineer with track record of engagement with rail sector asset owners, consulting engineers and main contractors.”
C£45-50000 + Car, Bonus & Benefits
Location: National Remit, Field Based Role
Our client, a division of a global plc, is a leader in the design, engineering and manufacture of specialist access products for the infrastructure, utility and construction markets. It operates from multiple sites, manufacturing across the UK, Europe and Australia, exporting its products to an expanding worldwide portfolio of customers. As a result of continued growth our client is now seeking to strengthen its new business, specification sales team with the appointment of a Business Development Manager to manage its rail infrastructure and network sector.
Reporting to the Business Development Director, the successful candidate will focus on rail asset owners, rail consultant engineers and main contractors within the rail infrastructure and network sector to develop business and market development plans.
The role will be very much focused on new business development however you must have experience of specifications, building relationships with rail asset owners, rail consultant engineers and main contractors including technical discussions about the installation of products, management of the quotation bank within the sector
Most importantly you will have a strong established network of contacts within the rail asset owners, rail consultant engineers and main contractor for rail infrastructure and network sector.
As the industry expert in the rail sector they will also:
* Develop commercial strategies that will achieve budget and the strategic objectives of the sector
* Create strong relationships with asset owners and key influencers, focussing on rail contractors and dedicated designers
* Ensure the specification of our client’s products and solutions on all frameworks and contracts in the Rail sector.
* Optimise the commercial performance of the business in conjunction with the Customer Service Director
* Identify key trends, opportunities and risks and communicate same to line manager
* Identify new business targets and key accounts
* Provide market information feedback to the Marketing and Product Development departments
* Provide sector knowledge and training to customers and colleagues
* Ensure that our client’s products and solutions are specified on all Rail projects and the relevant applications.
The Ideal Applicant:
You will have a proven track record of dealing with rail asset owners, rail infrastructure and network designers and main contractor engineers within the rail sector through to procurement; and will possess the following skills and competencies:
* A degree level education in Engineering, Business or similar.
* Currently undertaking a similar new business development, sales hunter and consultative selling role within the sector.
* Will possess an established network of contacts within the rail infrastructure and network design sector.
* This must include experience of specifications, building relationships with consulting engineers and main contractors including CPD presentations, technical discussions about the installation of products and the quotation, bid and tender process.
* Articulate, with good written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to see projects through from enquiry to quotation to order, maintaining contact and confidently handling objections at every stage.
* Detail oriented and familiar with CRM systems.
* Experience / knowledge of the rail and civil engineering/construction industry
* Familiar with construction site visits to undertake inspections, with strict adherence to health and safety requirements.
* Computer literate including Excel, Powerpoint and CRM systems.
* Currently undertaking a similar field based national role and comfortable with staying away for up to two days at a time to meet customers.
* Demonstrable business and commercial acumen
* Experience in identifying and delivering on new business opportunities
* Budgeting and forecasting
* Understanding of rail construction frameworks and contracts
* Extensive Account Management and sales experience
* Effective Pipeline Management
* Seasoned presentation skills
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.