My client, one of the UK's leading engineering companies specialising in substations for power transmission, renewable energy and transportation is looking to strengthen its market position in the rail traction power market in the European region.
The role can be based remotely anywhere in the UK with infrequent travel when required.
The objective of this position is to identify profitable target segments and geographies for the client in the market, identify best routes to market, and create a funnel of opportunities turning into profitable orders.
To be suitable for the position you must have;
* Strong Business Development/Sales or Key Account Management experience within the Rail segment in Europe.
* Strong and demonstrable background in ideally in rail traction power but open to candidates Nith experience working in power transmission & distribution (T&D) eg Turnkey Substations (Network Rail, DNO, National Grid)
* Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other job-related discipline.
Skills and Behaviours Required:
* Ability to build and communicate the sales strategy
* Ability to build and maintain strategic customer relationships at all level including senior management,
* Ability to select partners for penetration into key markets.
* Ability to accurately forecast business opportunities and work within company’s CRM to support monthly sales reporting.
* Strong presentation skills for both internal executive and external customer facing meetings.
* Fluent in English.
* Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
* Propose and obtain buy in for the Rail sales strategy in Europe – focus segments, markets and opportunities incl. routes to market
* Achieve the sales & business development targets driving specific business opportunities and other strategic goals established by the Global Sales Team in agreement with the HUB.
* Managing a portfolio of assigned accounts to achieve long-term success.
* Prepare and regularly update account plans
* Develop a sustainable pipeline for the rail segment.
* Build and maintain strong relationships at various levels with both existing and new customers and all relevant stakeholders.
* Find and develop new rail traction power business opportunities and clients within Europe, work closely with them, screening prospects and opportunities.
* Identify external key partners in new and existing markets.
* Drive and lead a proactive sales approach with a focus on delivering solutions which match or exceed customer evaluation criteria.
* Ensure company sales tools including the CRM system are regularly updated and their usage maximized to support market visibility for senior management teams. Accurately forecast business and work within company’s CRM, provide inputs to monthly sales reporting estimates for assigned accounts/markets, customer buying criteria, competitor trends and market overview reports and manage sales activities via CRM and propose recovery plans in cases of potential order shortfalls.
* Provide tender support including key information on client and competitor strategies including customer award criteria, player map etc for each project opportunity and target sales pricing. Validate the target sales price for the pursuit and tender up to contract signature.
* Support the tender responsible in the preparation of and adherence to all internal risk and approval processes for each tender opportunity so that approval may be granted in a timely manner.
* Support proposal team for technical and commercial negotiations with customer.
* Participate in customer & partner market related events preparing and presenting substation solutions.
* Ensure personal compliance with Code of Conduct, Ethics and Corporate governance.
* Actively meet personal safety targets and promote a safe working environment including taking immediate action if observing unsafe acts.
Navartis Ltd is a specialist recruitment company supplying highly skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries, if you are seeking a new position our recruitment team can locate the opportunity to suit your needs
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.