Associate Rail Planning Operations Advisor, Glasgow
We are currently recruiting an Associate to focus on problem solving, technical project delivery and commercial success of our rail planning / operations projects.
You will be required to keep up to date with market developments, anticipating market changes, and assessing opportunities for the expansion of services.
You will work as part of the UKIMEA Transport Consulting team, supporting the development and implementation of the strategy and vision for Transport Consulting and Rail Planning across SNE whilst supporting greater integration of work across the UK and beyond.
You will be responsible for the line management & development of junior staff with rail planning and operations skills.
You will also play a key role in winning new work and being responsible for reviewing the work and guiding the delivery of that work, ensuring and the rail planning business are developing a positive industry profile.
Essential Skills & Experience
• Proven experience in Transport Planning and Operations
• Ability to understand the technical performance of different transport systems.
• Good understanding of rail operations, timetabling, demand forecasting and project planning in freight and passenger sectors.
• Proven ability of preparation of developing rail transport schemes and to deliver successful public-sector funding and business case submissions as well as preparing business plans for transport investment on behalf of private sector clients.
• Experience in operational and strategic appraisal, design and evaluation of rail schemes, and ability to analyse existing applications and deliver clear and implementable improvement plans.
• Should have sufficient practical experience to be able to participate in or lead meetings with clients and customers to demonstrate competence, understanding and a problem-solving attitude.
• Good project management skills and ability to successfully deliver projects to budget and time.
• Good understanding rail transport commercial issues
• Understanding of Network Rail project development processes (GRIP).
• Proven experience of managing a team.
• Proven business development experience.
• Degree qualification and Chartered in relevant institution IHT/IRO/TPP/Institution of Logistics & Transport or similar.
• Ability to specify and interpret rail operations models in RailSys is desirable
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.