This role requires a highly motivated and self-driven person to deliver high quality training and assessment of diplomas within the Rail Engineering sector. You will have recent delivery and assessment experience within this sector at level 3 and will take full responsibility for the effective running of each course and the associated administrative duties in accordance with awarding organisation and company criteria. You will also be responsible for helping to drive improvements and activity within the academy and be involved in its development and ongoing review. A car user is an essential part of the criteria as is a flexible approach to working patterns which may include evenings and weekends.
* Assist in establishing the LCG Rail Engineering Academy and setting up the curriculum offer, working closely with the Curriculum Development team
* Undertake marketing and learner recruitment activities as part of the wider team
* Plan and deliver a timetable of teaching, learning and assessment as agreed with the quality team ensuring a positive learner experience and timely achievement through effective learner tracking management
* Carry out observations of teaching, learning and assessment on learners, in line with course requirements
* Address learner queries and requirements quickly and effectively
* Have a commitment to behave in a way that meets our company values and that places the learner and their wellbeing at the heart of what you do
* Ensure ILPs and progress reviews are completed appropriate to individual learner requirements, including the setting and monitoring of smart targets
* Timely completion of assessment and documentation to meet Awarding Organisation, audit and organisational requirements
* Submit portfolios in a timely manner for interim and summative verification and work with the IQA to ensure quality improvement
* Ensure that support systems are provided to facilitate positive retention, achievement and progression
* Work closely with the Quality and Curriculum Development team to continually reflect, review and enhance the provision
* Complete manual and e registers (ProSolution) in a timely manner to the required standards
* Monitor attendance and performance of the learners on an ongoing basis and effectively report to line manager, quality and admin teams
* Undertake appropriate learning and development activities as required for the job role and maintain a record of all CPD.
* Contribute where appropriate to learner disciplinary action requirements
* Attend standardisation and team meetings working closely with the IQA,Delivery and Quality Managers.
* Promote and ensure safe working practices and safeguarding of learners with in line with current Health and Safety legislation and LCG Safeguarding and Prevent policies.
* Conduct your role in line with the company values and expected behaviours.
* Implement and comply with the Safeguarding and Health and Safety Policies
* Ensure the maintenance of confidentially and professionalism at all time.
* Promote equal opportunities and recognition of diversity throughout the company.
* Provide IAG/Induction/Enrolment support for learners
A recognised teaching qualification
An Assessor's Qualificaiton
Relevant qualification (L3)
Industrial experience would be preferred
Good classroom management
Learners are at the centre of everything we do so the successful candidate will be subject to a DBS and reference checks before commencing employment
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.