At Amey Consulting our Rail team are the fastest growing large consultancy in the Rail industry. We deliver designs from inception through to delivery on major projects that form the backbone of the Network Rail network including the Transpennine West of Leeds project and for Transport for Wales on the Core Valleys Line in South Wales.
Our designers work alongside Amey’s Strategic Consulting Team providing innovative solutions based on data analytics as well as innovative solutions for level crossings and use augmented reality and context capture to bring new thinking to the industry.
We are passionate about protecting and supporting our people. Amey Consulting hold the RoSPA Sword of Honour, always seeking ways to minimise risk and reduce Boots on Ballast, as well as developing an award-winning programme for Rail Degree Apprentices and significant learning opportunities for all levels.
Amey have pledged to Net Zero by 2035 and Amey Consulting advises clients on how to reach their own targets and how to improve biodiversity and enhance the environment.
Overview of the role:
We are now looking to appoint an Account Director to work on the Network Rail Design Services Framework and provide support on several other national frameworks. The consulting rail team work alongside our rail operations teams on a number of frameworks including major schemes along the Midland Main Line and Crossrail and also support renewals and maintenance projects across the country.
The Account Director will be responsible for the leadership of a portfolio of projects for both internal and external clients and for over 100 employees, with further growth plans in 2021 to deliver design and management across all rail disciplines.
Reporting into the Business Director, this role will form part of the leadership team and would suit a proactive senior leader who is looking to take their career to the next level.
What will this role involve?
As the Account Director you will a leader with the ability to set the direction for your business and be accountable for the decisions that drive that business.
You will be an individual who can demonstrate that not only can you run the portfolio but also contribute ideas and energy to the continued improvement of the Consulting Rail business and other portfolios that sit under the Business Director.
You will take full P&L accountability for the design and development on a range of projects. Working for Network Rail as well as working alongside other Amey businesses, primarily in the Rail sector and other clients.
What will a typical week look like?
* Leading Health, Safety and Wellbeing across your portfolio, setting an example and clear objectives for all staff.
* Working with the leadership team to develop, implement, monitor and review the strategy for the Consulting Rail Business.
* Setting targets for your account in relation to turnover, margin, staff development and work winning.
* Managing close relationships at all levels across client organisations, ensuring that Amey is listening and responding to feedback.
* Working with the business development team to establish a pipeline of future opportunities.
* Working alongside the bid teams to ensure successful work winning.
* Ensure all your teams have SMART objectives and development plans and measure performance against these.
* Develop methods for continuous improvement and the introduction of new technologies and ways of working.
* Management of the supply chain to deliver service excellence.
* Ensure compliance with CDM regulations.
* Contribute towards the delivery of Net Zero within Amey and across your portfolio of projects.
* Support and contribute to wider continuous improvement across the Consulting Division.
* Maintain a leadership environment which sustains and enhances the culture of customer centricity needed to excel.
* Role model Amey’s values, principle and culture across the business.
* Identify talent and ensure a robust succession plan is in place to develop the Consulting Rail Team.
* Manage professional development and have awareness of issues within your own professional discipline.
* Provide resource and facilities for training and competency.
* Work with the Resource Director to plan recruitment and staff development strategies for your portfolio.
What are we looking for?
You will able to lead a strong team and ensure that the Amey pillars of Empower, Engage and Excel
are evident across the business. You will be able to demonstrate a clear understanding and apply
practical experience in people management, development, collaboration and creative thinking.
You should be experienced in client and contract management and demonstrate leadership in Health
and Safety and the wellbeing of your team.
Experience of working within a Rail, Construction and Consulting environment id preferred but not essential.
What other benefits are there for joining?
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary, a company pension contribution, life assurance, bonus scheme, private medical, car allowance and a generous holiday entitlement.
You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages inclusion and diversity
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.